Staging license won't validate

Hi,

I am trying to setup a Staging environment and it refuses to validate the API. What am I doing wrong? Here are my steps:

1. I’ve entered the full staging website URL into the Staging field under the “Manage My Licenses” section on theme.co.
  2. Copied the API
  3. Pasted the API on the X Overview page on my staging server and hit enter

All I am getting is “Uh oh, we couldn’t check if this license was valid.”.

Please note that my staging domain is different to the live website domain. Does that make any difference? My staging websites are also installed on a subdomain, e.g. www.staging.mycompany.com.au/client1website/, and client’s website would be on a totally different domain & server, e.g. www.clientswebsite.com.au

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for writing in! It doesn’t matter your staging URL is different than your live site.

Most probably you cannot validate because you’re not using the latest version of X theme or Cornerstone plugin. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Thanks!

1 Like

I checked and I am running X theme v5.2.5, which seems to be the latest version. But I am running Cornerstone v1.3.0. How can I update it to the latest v2.1.7?

Hi there,

Thanks for the confirmation!

To update cornerstone please click on the Update button in the dashboard and you will find cornerston over there in the list of items. Please refer to the screenshot I have attached.

Or you can click on Plugins and in list of plugins you will find Cornerstone there you will find the Update link too.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. Updating Cornerstone did solve the problem.

Cheers,
Alex

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.