SSL Certificate Problem: certificate has expired

I’m getting this error when I try and validate the license I purchased today:

“cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired”

When I try and access your theme.co site to Manage my Licenses, in my Safari browser, I’m getting a security warning that the SSL certificate expired 1 day ago.

Is this an issue on my end or did the theme.co SSL certificate actually expire yesterday or today?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @trudolph,

Thanks for writing in.

You can follow the thread below on how to fix this problem

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I’m not using a Child Theme unfortunately. I have a support ticket in with my provider but they’re having issues determining why it’s not working. My parent site (rudolph.ca) was able to validate the license just fine. My sub site (1958cafe.rudolph.ca) gets the error, which is odd that one site works but a subsite does not.

I’m using the X Theme (no child). What file would I add that line too, to try and get the validation to work?

In addition I did submit a support ticket with my Provider and they said all the checks were done and there should be no issues, as there was no issues with any of my other sites.

Again I went to your site and I can see that the SSL certificate expired yesterday:

I think the problem is on your end. You need to renew your SSL certificate before I can validate my license.

I need to get this site setup asap so I hope you can look into this quickly!

Hello There,

I have done several test in our local testing servers and validation and the SSL cert is working for us. Could you please give us access to your site so that we can investigate and test the validation process in your X site?

Best Regards.

Hey!
same Problem here! It says your certificate has exired and thus the license can’t be validated…

Hi guys,

Please check this related thread :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank you for your assistance! My Provider finally resolved the issue, but they weren’t able to tell me what exactly they did for some reason. I assume it had something to do with the Redirect Header as mentioned in the 2nd article you linked there.

Thanks again!

Glad that you have managed to fix the issue :slight_smile:

Hi there ThemeCo staff, I seem to be having the same issue but can not get it resolved with my host at Siteground. I’ve spent over an hour now with them trying to sort it out and still not getting any further.
Here is what they sent me at the end of our support chat:

Antonia P.: This is the very first of the requirements which you have sent me ‘‘Ensure my site can reach this domain: community.theme.co’’ and currently your site cannot reach this URl because of the SSL not active

Antonia P.: this is not related with your SSL bbut their own:

Subject: community.theme.co

Issuer: cPanel, Inc. Certification Authority

Expires on: 5.04.2018 г.

Current date: 10.04.2018 г.

Antonia P.: And your site should be able to access it in order to complete the validation

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please open a new ticket for your issue as you are not the owner of this post and give us your details of the issue with the screenshot.
As this is not a theme related issue I would suggest you check any possible solution given in this post and let us know the result.

Again please don’t post any details here, use the new ticket to post your details.

Thanks

Will do, I figured since it’s the same issue it would be helpful for other users to keep in the same thread. Thank you for letting me know.

Thanks for understanding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.