Source Map URL: cs.map

Hello,

My Pro page editor and Color editor are timing out.

I have disabled all plugins, enabled dev mode on Cloudflare, and ensured that nothing was being minimized, yet Pro still claimed I was timing out due to aggressive caching.

After extensive troubleshooting – done locally, and on the server side – it was concluded that the following JS related error was the [likely] culprit:

Source map error: request failed with status 404 Resource URL: https://sensiblemicro.com/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs.js Source Map URL: cs.map

Can you please help me resolve this?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi @Mfristoff,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the provided credentials are incorrect, I tried different combinations without success. I like to see the timing out the issue in your color editor.

As for the source map, you can ignore them. It appears when you open your browser developer tools and the source map is there to help with debugging. It can be turned off in some browser’s developer tools but I guess, not possible in Safari browser. It will always display in Safari’s developer tool’s console.

You’ll need the source map if you’ll debug a site, but you can’t do that on our theme and builder. Should be done by our developers only, plus they tend to be permanent in its current version and shouldn’t be customized.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad

I apologize for the confusion. I deleted that User and created a new one (you should have received an email).
I’ll be sure to leave the updated credentials in a secure note.

I don’t use Safari, so if you’d please advise how to ignore the source map in Chrome or FF, that would be great.
However, if this isn’t the root issue, I will ignore entirely.

Also, I had my server’s support staff upgrade the following (according to ThemeCo specifications):

max_execution_time
max_input_time
max_input_vars
memory_limit
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

I also updated my PHP to the latest version.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Mike

Hello @Mfristoff,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I tried chekcing the screenshot links you have shared but access denied message because of your server configuration.

Next, I opened few pages in content builder but I am getting preview was unresponsive message. I tried creating a test page in draft mode but while trying to open the page in content builder I am getting same error message. I tried deactivating all plugins but that’s not resolving the issue.

However, I noticed that you are using old version of Pro Theme 2.0.4. I suggest you to first update Pro to the most recent version 2.2.5 and see how it goes.

You can take a look at our theme update guide to update Pro:

In case problem is still there, please share FTP login details in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Thank you for your reply.

Please copy and paste the links into your browser’s URL bar. There are no server configurations on my end preventing you from seeing those links. I’ve tested via proxy and have sent the link out to several individuals outside of my network – no one had any trouble viewing the images.

As I mentioned in my initial note, I also disabled all the plugins. Please don’t do that again during business hours.

Further, I am unable to update my site. When I do, the site becomes riddled with bugs and looks atrocious. That is not the underlying issue.

I will provide FTP in a secure note.

Thank you for your help,
Mike

Hi @Mfristoff,

Source map are not related to any of these issues. It’s use for debugging so please ignore it, unless you’ll debug it which is you can’t do since it’s limited to our developers only. And I don’t see it on my end either so it could be just your browser configuration. Please check this https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/javascript/source-maps (Enable Source Maps in settings, from same setting, you can disable it)

I’m able to see the screenshots but it’s not related to the issue. Would you mind cloning your site into staging? And what error you’re getting when updating it? I couldn’t update your site as it may cause more trouble and your site is live, please do this in a staging site.

You can create a staging by cloning your site, please check this https://winningwp.com/best-plugins-to-copy-clone-duplicate-a-wordpress-site/ ( ALL-IN-ONE WP MIGRATION ). Once done, provide the staging URL with FTP credentials.

And the Remove Query Strings From Static Resources should be deactivated along with switching CF to development. The reason versions are added to the URLs are to tell the browser of the current version, if it matches the cache then browser will use that cache so instead of re-downloading the same copy. But, if the site is updated, the new version will appear in the URL and browser will download that latest file. Removing URL query strings removes those versions, hence, browser see the file as the same file it downloads before so it’s not going to download it anymore unless the browser caches are deleted. And now browser also downloads caches from CF (version less URLs), deleting browser caches isn’t going to work unless both CF and browser caches are cleared. Let’s disable all of these while we’re checking the issue to make sure we’re seeing and testing the updated files, and in staging site.

Thanks!

I’ll just rebuild the site. Thanks, anyway.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.