Some pages of the website and blog have stopped working

Hello support team,

We have recently done a big update of theme X and all the tools like cornerstone, etc. However, some pages of our website and blog randomly stopped working.

The interesting fact is that over time some blog pages start working and the other ones break. For example, at the moment we have pages 9 and 13 not working. Previously those were pages 3 and 6 not working.

As for website pages, all of the portfolio kind of pages stopped working despite no changes being made in categories.

I double-checked all categories and they all are set up properly, just how they used to be set up before the update. What could be causing portfolio pages and blog pages not working correctly?

https://fasolutions.com/blog/page/13/ - the example of the broken blog page page

Thanks!

Hello Anni,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and see it’s using old version of X Theme 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.5. I suggest you to update X Theme and Cornerstone to latest version X 7.0.4 and Cornerstone 4.0.4 to avoid any conflicts and new versions comes with host of bug fixes and enhancements.

You can take a look at following resources for more information:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Thank you for your answer!

We’ve updated everything and it started working, but now there’s a new problem. Cornerstone stopped opening and it goes into endless loading mode. I checked whether some other plugin is conflicting with Cornerstone but no guilty plugins have been found.

Hey Anni,

This sounds like a caching issue. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches since you have installed W3 Total Cache so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your Cornerstone and some other settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, clearing the caches was the first thing we have done after the plugin updates, didn’t help. Please take a look at our website. thanks :slight_smile:

Hello Anni,

You have multiple caching in your site installed.

You will have to clear the caches one after the other and vice versa to make sure that each of the plugin will cached the latest code from the updates.

Hope this helps.

Tried that several time and still nothing. Could there be anything else we are missing out on?

Hi Anni,

Are you able to disable the Purge Cache? I deactivated the cache plugin and that one still remain. Hence, I’m thinking that cache is your hosting provider’s feature and it’s NGINX related. Would you mind disabling it?

That could be the reason for other issues as well.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.