Some pages in Agency demo not editable with cornerstone

I have imported the Agency demo into a brand new installation of wordpress and x-theme. I notice that the Home, About and Get-in-Touch pages are editable with Cornerstone. However, the News and Case Studies pages are not at all editable with Cornerstone. The usual Cornerstone editing window comes up, and the page appears normal in the right panel, but none of the existing sections are visible in the left panel.Also, any attempt to add a section into the left panel has no effect.
I have tried clearing the database and re-downloading the agency demo, as well as deleting the entire wordpress installation and trying again. Still same problem

Hello @DemianCoorey,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If the problem still occurs, please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up this case.

Thank you.

Thank your for prompt and thorough reply. I shall try each of these steps, in order, tomorrow morning (Sydney time) and report back

Hi There @DemianCoorey

Sorry for the confusion here. You cannot edit Blog page or Portfolio page using Cornerstone editor as they are just intermediate templates displaying blog posts or portfolio items.

Further, if you want to enable the builder for Portfolio, you can head over to X -> Settings page and add Portfolio to your allowed post types area.

You can control those page specific options through Theme Options > Blog or Theme Options > Portfolio area.

Hope that helps.
Thanks!

Thank you for clarifying.
I need to ask though: in the compatibility list, updated March 16, 2018, it states:

• X Theme: | Latest Supported Version: 5.2.5
    Yet the link to the download that I used last Friday was 6.04. How do I get version 5.2.5? I would prefer to use the latest stable version.

Hey @DemianCoorey,

Regretfully, there is no way to downgrade but to revert from a site backup. Our Compatibility list has now been updated to X 6.0.4. The latest version also includes bug fixes so downgrading is not advisable. For more details, please see our changelog

Thanks.

I understand completely. If 6.04 is a stable supported version, then I will stick with that.
I believe my original concern has been answered. Thank you for very good support.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.