Some functions as Custom CSS or Background image not working

Hello, some of the functions of my Theme are not working such as Custom CSS or adding a background image. I have tried everything but does not seam to work.

Hey Eugenio,

Please be more specific or give us screenshots of the areas having this problem. What things have you tried from the troubleshooting steps listed below?

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Hello again, I’ve tried all the things mentioned above, as you can see in the attachments my custom css editor isn’t showing up properly, some custom css lines are not working at all now, before they were working:

Also, I think the theme options page isn’t showing up correctly, how can I solve this issues?

Thanks again

HI There,

Thanks for the screenshot!

X theme uses its own custom CSS panel. If you go to X-Theme Option click on the CSS icon in the left bar. You will see the custom CSS panel.

Regarding the other issue: can you please check if you are using the latest version of Theme and Plugins. If not please update it as mentioned by @christian_y above.

Also Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hello, CSS editor will still not work and I have tried deactivating plugins.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

The custom CSS is working just fine in your site.

Not sure if you are looking for something else.

Thanks

Some functions are not working yet, I’m trying my best but its not working for me. For example I have an image background, some sections have transparency so that you can see the logo behind but it won’t show. I can’t get it to work.

Hi There,

That is a compatibility issue, you updated Cornerstone but you leave X behind. I have restored the Cornerstone to the compatible version, the site should work fine now. If you update Cornerstone please update X as well.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

You can refer for the latest compatible versions here

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Global CSS is now move under X > Theme Options > CSS

Cheers!

Thank you very much!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.