Some Font awesome icons in menu and header disappeared after PRO latest update

I have just updated to the latest version of PRO (2.2.5) and since doing so some of my font awesome icons that i have in my header menu now only appear as a square. I have cleared my browser cache and also purged the cache on my site to no avail. An example of navigation label i use on an icon that now only appears as a square is:

Facebook

Any ideas folks?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing in and sorry that you’re having that issue please update the navigation label you used to this:

<i class="x-icon" data-x-icon-b="&#xf082;" aria-hidden="true"></i>

Replace the &#xf001; with your actual icon’s unicode. You can copy icon’s unicode here.

You need to determine what group your icon belongs, because as of Font Awesome version 5 they split icons into multiple fonts group. This can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

• data-x-icon-b for brand/social icons.
  • data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
  • data-x-icon-s for solid icons.
    The original attribute data-x-icon will still work for solid icons as a fallback but we’ve updated everything for consistency.

Release Notes - Pro 2.2, X 6.2, Cornerstone 3.2

Cheers!

Thanks @friech That partly works but when i use the code for the facebook f icon (not the square version) which is definitely code:  it comes up and the facebook square icon. Also the same applies with twitter, i cant get just the bird icon, it only comes up with the square version. Any ideas why? The code i used was:

And the same with YouTube. It just wont reference those icons. Here is the one i want:

I may have found why i cant embed that icon. When i go into a page using cornerstone and then add an icon element, when i search for facebook, it only show me:

which says to me that you have removed it from your theme or the icons are corrupt as it shows 3 of the same facebook logos. Can i get the other icons back?

Hello @King,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I have tested on my local setup and can confirm this problem with Facebook icon. It’s there i our issue tracker and our developer are taking a look at this. At the moment I can’t share an ETA for this but you can keep an eye on changelog page for new announcements.

Thanks for understanding.

1 Like

Thanks @Prasant, phew not just me then :slight_smile: there used to be a shield icon thats now missing too so you may want to add that onto the list. If i do find anymore, i will let you know.

thanks for getting back to me everyone.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.