Some Classic Element Controls not working for X

Hi, I cannot seem to edit some of my Classic Elements and I get this notice:

“Classic Elements
Does not include advanced controls.”

Does this notice mean: that you took away some of the controls, or that there are really less editing options now?

For instance the Classic Feature Box seems to work the same, but when I click on a Class Accordion individual Item it does not allow me to edit the content, I have to use the schematic view and edit that way, which is really annoying. Is this a bug for the Accordion?

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,

I´m getting the same error after upgrade, would like get some information of what to do.

Hello,

I cannot replicate the issue on my end, classic accordion works just as before.

The advanced controls we are referring were not present on Cornerstone elements before this elements.

Please clarify the issue and provide your login credentials if necessary.

Thank you

For instance Classic Text no longer has the ability to edit the text. Same is true for Classic Columns.

Here is my issue: when I click on a Classic Accordion individual Item it does not allow me to edit the content of each accordion item. Is this a bug for the Classic Accordion Element?

Hello There,

You should be able to edit the accordion item just like this:

Could you please send us a screenshot or provide us access to your site so that we can take a closer look?

Thank you in advance.

I can’t get into the accordion to select the text editor?

also, there seems to be issues with the gravityforms classic element. If you create a new page using the classic element, it doesn’t show up on the front end. Looks fine in cornerstone, but nada, zip, zero showing on the website.

Hi there,

Would you mind trying to verify if you have the update version of X and Cornerstone?

If it is and the issue is there, please try to do a test for plugin conflict.

If the issue persists, please post a new thread and provide us the login details in a Secure Note.

Thank you.

It seems silly, but I finally figured out that if I clicked on the magnifying glass I could edit the accordion contents. Seems like having a pencil/pen is a better clue for editing something.

I REALLY don’t like the editor that Cornerstone now has. What happened to the editor that was similar to the Wordpress native editor?

I’ll need to clone the site to see if I can reproduce the error for Gravity Forms. Are you no longer partnering with Gravity forms?

Hi There,

We never partnered with Gravity Forms, can you clarify the error? Thanks

You offered Gravity Forms as a plugin bundled with X theme.

The form shows up in Cornerstone editor, but not on the page. Ok, I have set up a clone. Sending you credentials in next message. The page where the gravityform is installed is https://dev.carenational.com/anthemsub/.

I can add the gravityforms in the native wordpress editor and it shows up on the front end, but if I only add it in cornerstone, nothing.

Hi There,

I guess there is so confusion here, To clarify, Gravity forms is not bundled with X and never was. GF it’s a premium plugin and you need to buy it before you can use it. We recommend installing Contact form 7 but it’s not also bundled with X since you can simply install it from WordPress plugin repo.

This issue was caused by cache. I recommend clearing the cache and turning off WP Rocket and other cache plugins during the development of your website. Once you have finished your edits, you can enable the plugin again.

I have cleared WP Rocket Cache > Edited https://dev.carenational.com/anthemsub/ with Cornerstone > Saved > And now your form is appearing on the front-end.

Hope it helps

I guess there IS some confusion here. I own a developer’s license to Gravity Forms. The dev site is a clone of the production site. I can’t have people poking around in the production site. I cleared the cache. I turned off all the plugins. And even so, before Pro was launched, one of the app selections on the X configuration was indeed Gravity Forms. I recall because I was surprised - it was there with Ubermenu. Which also surprised me.

When ever I am trouble shooting a potential plugin conflict, part of my process is to turn off ALL the plugins except the most vital. Disabling WP Rocket, is part of that process. I do this before submitting a support ticket, because I would rather not have to wait for a response - I’d rather fix the problem myself.

If my client runs into this issue again, and I go through my same process (clone site, clear cache, and if that doesn’t sort it, deactivate caching plugin), if it still doesn’t clear it up, I’ll submit a new ticket.

@chill986

There’s no problem with Gravity Forms element when I checked so this could really be a caching issue.

Cornerstone Preview of Existing Page:

Front-end of Existing Page:

Cornerstone Preview of Newly Created Page:

Front-end of Newly Created Page:

Regarding this:

Please see

Also next time, if you’re going to chime in to another user’s thread, please wait until it is solved or open a separate thread for your issue because the cause might be different. The original poster could see private messages in his/her own thread so I deleted your credentials here. Please update them as soon as possible. Please review How To Get Support

Thanks.

Now that I seem to have my post back :slight_smile: Here is my issue,

When I click on the content in view “1”, i cannot edit the text.
When I switch views and click on “2”, I can edit the text because the editor comes up for the accordion item.

Thank you.

Hi there,

In your screenshot, you seem clicking the title of the accordion item instead of the magnifying glass icon. Please click the icon instead. please make sure it’s a quick click, a bit longer would start the drag event which of course, will drag it instead of inspecting it.

It works on my installation, perhaps you can provide your site’s URL and login credentials in a secure note and we’ll check it too, in case I misunderstood the issue.

Thanks!

That was exactly my problem! I think in the old one, we just clicked on the title to edit the items.
I didn’t realize the spyglass was the new way to access the item edit features.

Thank you :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: