Soliloquy error, cant access settings

Hi,

I just installed Soliloquy. I am receiving this error when trying to access the settings:

“Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.”

I need to access the settings to verify the license so I not restricted with what I want to do with the plugin.

Any swift help is super appreciated.
Carla

I should also say its a local build!

And here is my wp-config.php in case that helps:

<?php /** * The base configuration for WordPress * * The wp-config.php creation script uses this file during the * installation. You don't have to use the web site, you can * copy this file to "wp-config.php" and fill in the values. * * This file contains the following configurations: * * * MySQL settings * * Secret keys * * Database table prefix * * ABSPATH * * @link https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php * * @package WordPress */ // ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** // /** The name of the database for WordPress */ define('DB_NAME', 'Clear'); /** MySQL database username */ define('DB_USER', 'Clear'); /** MySQL database password */ define('DB_PASSWORD', 'ClearHealth2018'); /** MySQL hostname */ define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); /** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */ define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4'); /** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */ define('DB_COLLATE', ''); /**#@+ * Authentication Unique Keys and Salts. * * Change these to different unique phrases! * You can generate these using the {@link https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/ WordPress.org secret-key service} * You can change these at any point in time to invalidate all existing cookies. This will force all users to have to log in again. * * @since 2.6.0 */ define('AUTH_KEY', 'c#/}==?Z@, K#1C;l$2ZW +AQW6N%3YBlm%ufrVNRk%8McDzbBxwRLCj(dV=S8}k'); define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY', 'ir?Q:x;S<xf-qhB7g<{*r3r%H3t@Y~^zWlK~u^ W)U|$0ehNWuj6mu>Y,XdjJP(ON.6t8Z)axL9^i?w&'); define('NONCE_KEY', 'i;!}z*d%zs!)!]eB%#~M3#*@9rtoTXl]&$u#h)k|]Ca}TjW&xuW8m/Afl~[GQiRn5Xm^Nzdurnx+#4B*7jzS2C[zgI'); define('SECURE_AUTH_SALT', 'YT?0:KF)`!{kikcz~@lv7MlOzwwyaI7<-_dcrpE*zo?U{kD1zxWdNR7 SO^bF6o8'); define('LOGGED_IN_SALT', 'raX|Bll20rv&)$c9EU1K=Mx<jN%Gekre G3pnaRu7Ap^lWz3d6H:XU%Y7Wk/?PUp'); define('NONCE_SALT', 'q,&M8C0e`BxzaHF$)Lg5g`=f~!9RT45n-z|iUN^9ZBX*b3)r-a)|-EvfxQWvpH%p'); /**#@-*/ /** * WordPress Database Table prefix. * * You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each * a unique prefix. Only numbers, letters, and underscores please! */ $table_prefix = 'wp_'; /** * For developers: WordPress debugging mode. * * Change this to true to enable the display of notices during development. * It is strongly recommended that plugin and theme developers use WP_DEBUG * in their development environments. * * For information on other constants that can be used for debugging, * visit the Codex. * * @link https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress */ define('WP_DEBUG', false); /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ /** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */ if ( !defined('ABSPATH') ) define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__) . '/'); /** Sets up WordPress vars and included files. */ require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-settings.php');

Hi @UltimateNewLife,

Thanks for writing in.

You could follow the usual fix below:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Deactivated everything save from cornerstone and no change.

5.6.25 is the php version

And I removed read only from all the files and folders in wp-content

Still no change…???

even if cornerstone is also deactivated, no joy

I recall with an older local build a similar issue that was something to do with a php file needing changed for a local build. It was resolved on this support forum, but its changed a lot since then, and I cant see my old posts.

Also, no account login is made possible to access Soliloqay support either, so im currently stuck at the activating the license key stage.

Also I live with chronic illness and only have a day or so of disability-free life.

If you could try and offer help that is most likely to take the LEAST amount of time it would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Hello @UltimateNewLife,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I installed Soliloquy on my local setup and if you click the settings link under Plugins > Installed Plugins it does throws the error message stating Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

There might be some issues or a bug in this version of Soliloquy. I will add this into our issue tracker. However you can access the Soliloquy main page by clicking on Soliloquy menu. Here is a screencast.

To get started with Soliloquy, I encourage you to please take a look at following resources.

https://soliloquywp.com/docs/

Thanks.

Oh getting somewhere that is great :slight_smile: And thanks for getting back so swiftly, super appreciated! :smiley:

Unfortunately, that doesn’t help for what I want to do.

I need to include the featured content addon as I am trying to make a slider for showcasing blog articles (title, image, read more, social share and any other bells and whistles)…and I presumed that Soliloquy is the best plugin/approach for the job?

You cannot use the featured content addon without activating the license key. :frowning:

Hi There

With X theme, you will only get the basic version of the plugin. To access their add-ons or additional features, you will need to purchase a license directly from Soliloquy so that you can get their support as well.

Also make sure that you’re fully updated by following our version information here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.