Social Sharing buttons not working

Hello!

I have these social sharing buttons on my blog but not all the links are working, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pintrest buttons.

Here’s a link to one of my blogs so you can see what I mean:

Please help.
Thank you for your time! :slight_smile:

• Nadia

Hello Nadia,

Thanks for writing in!

The links in the social sharing icons were not working because of the close and open parenthesis in your post title. Please remove the parenthesis in the title and the link should be working.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hello!

I took away the parenthesis but it’s still not working.

Any other suggestions?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Nadia,

There is still a JS error when you click the buttons. It could came from the slug of the link. Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Yes, thank you so much. I’ll add my link and the login details.

I appreciate your help!

Hey Nadia,

I am not seeing the WP details or the secure note.
You must have forgotten it.

Regards.

Hello!
It’s there, but i’ll try again. Let me know if it works this time.

Thank you!

Hey Nadia,

I must have replied which you were adding the secure note.

Anyway, I have logged in and investigated the issue. One thing I am confused is that the issue only happens in that page. I created a test page and the share links is working as expected. The issue could something be related to the permalink or the parenthesis or the apostrophe in the title. I have edited is and made it “You are” instead of “You’re”. We will wait a few moments and let the site updates be cached so that it will be updated.

Hope this explains the issue.

It’s still not working but I noticed that when I click on the social media share buttons, the permalink changes to this:

(I don’t know if the problem could be traced by looking at the end where it says: #share)

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Nadia,

Yes, it’s because the javascript is still not functioning due to You're word in the title.

I went ahead and changed it to this

Should be working now.

Thanks!

Ah great! Thank you SO much!!

You are most welcome!

I just want to let you know that you had forgotten to re-activate all my plugins… so most of my website was not working since everything got deactivated. I re-activated them but can you double check that all the other settings are back to normal, since I don’t know what else you did.
Thanks

Hey Nadia,

Every thing is all set. Plugins were all activated.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.