Social Icons not showing

Seems to be a common problem, that the social icons (in the header, in the footer and at posts) are not displayed correctly in some browsers (Firefox - showing squares with digits, Safari - showing nothing, Opera - showing just squares). In Chrome all is working fine.

Tried several methods I’ve found in the forum.
• adding some lines to the functions.php of the pro-child theme

add_action ('init', function(){
 header("Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *");
});

• adding some lines to the .htaccess

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
</IfModule>

None of these worked. Any further ideas?

Hi There,

We’re sorry you’re having this issue. It is case to case basis. Sometimes it is mixed content. Can you share us your site URL so we can diagnosed the root cause and then give you a more specific suggestion.

The URL is: https://www.funk-taxi-berlin.de

Hi There,

Thank you for the URL, did this issue happen after you take down your dev site? Your live site is still pulling the fontAwesome files from your dev site (which does not exist anymore https://prnt.sc/g4612m).

If you do have some kind of caching plugin or feature on your site, please purge it.

Also you can try navigating to Settings > Permalinks and just re-save it.

Another possible solution would be switching to a default theme, and then switch back to PRO.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Your anwser gave me the kick into the right direction. I’m using a plugin to minify css and js… just had to force the plugin to do it again. Social icons are showing now and no reference left to the dev server.

Thanks

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

Cheers!

I am having the same problem, I have cleared my cache on the site, all plugins are updated and cleared cache in Chrome and I am getting squares for icons, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Just checked in Safari and they are working fine, but not chrome.

Hello @dhassmann,

Request you to please refrain from posting on ticket started by a different user as is create confusion and slows response time. Please create a new ticket and someone from support team will help you out with the query.

Thanks for understanding.