Social icons not appearing / showing empty box character

Social icons have disappeared from the header/footer of my site (https://www.simpleltc.com/). Circles still appear when mousing over, but no icons. In the footer, the colored circles still appear and links work but with no icons in them. In Chrome a blank box is visible in the icon. In Explorer no boxes appear.

Previously your support team suggested it was likely a plugin conflict. I tested every plugin individually by deactivating and also tested deactivating all third-party plugins together. Nothing seemed to affect it at all.

Please advise how to troubleshoot this. Thanks!

Hello @kenfbell,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked your website and can confirm the issue. I suggest you to please take a look at the solution mentioned in following article and scroll down to Why are some of my icons are appearing as an empty square? FAQ.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Per the article, I experimented with the cache plugin (W3 Total Cache). I purged all caches, which didn’t make a difference. Then I deactivated it completely, which also didn’t change anything.

There is no custom markup in these social icons, they’re just generated from the theme. Can you provide further recommendations?

Hello @kenfbell,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Looks like you are using old icon code. Have you made any changes into the theme files related with social icons? Updated social icon code should look something like data-x-icon-b. Please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I had one of our developers look into it. It appears our child theme had not been updated with the latest files. Once he did that, all the icons were corrected. Thanks for your help!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.