Social icons in header / nav broken after theme update

i just updated the theme and the social icons in my header / nav are now broken.

site: https://tinyurl.com/yyd4lfl6

previously had this same issue with another site, here’s that support thread:

i tried something that worked with another site experiencing the same issue (data-x-icon-b) but still not working.

cleared browser and server cache.

Hello @armintz,

Thanks for writing in!

Please make sure that you have edited your menu in Appearance > Menus and see to it that you are using the updated icon code. At the moment, I am still seeing data-x-icon.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

It must have still been cache related because I do indeed have data-x-icon-b under appearance > menus as you can see here:

it’s showing correctly for me now in firefox and safari, but not chrome - i can see in chrome inspect that it’s showing data-x-icon (and not data-x-icon-b) so definitely just some over zealous caching going on. thanks for your help!

Hi @armintz,

Yes you’re right, after doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

This actually isn’t a caching issue as I can see other changes are rendering properly. Any idea what’s going on?

Hey @armintz,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post so we can take a closer look?

Thank you!

Thanks, here’s a secure note

Hi @armintz,

You have two Main Menu on your Appearance > Menus area, It seems what you’re editing all along is the Main Menu (all except home page), where in fact the menu that your homepage that is using is the Main Menu (Footer Menu) which you did not change to data-x-icon-b

I did go ahead and updated those to data-x-icon-b and all your menu social icons show up now.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I have no idea how the footer menu was set to the main nav (nor why it’s not marked as “primary”) but I’m glad it was such a simple issue and appreciate you pointing it out!

Hi @armintz,

Yes, it is not set as the Primary Menu, but its the menu that is set as the One Page Navigation on your homepage.

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.