Social buttons dissapeared

Hello there,

After the latest update, the social share buttons that go at the end of the article …they not appear anymore.

Is there a way to switch on the option?

thanks

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for reaching out.

There are no social icons by default (masonry and single article), may I know where it should be displayed? From what version you have updated your theme? I checked the changelog and nothing seems to be related to this, but I like to confirm it first with the same version as you had.

Thanks!

1 Like

hey @Rad,

Thanks for your reply.

I had it before. The share buttons used to show at the end of each post.

I’ve updated from Pro 2.4.0, X 6.4.0, Cornerstone 3.4.0 … to Pro 2.4.1, X 6.4.1, Cornerstone 3.4.1 . Unfortunately I don’t have any screenshot to upload here.

Hello Adrian,

The social icons in your footer is displaying correctly.

This indicates that the updates works out smoothly. Your current issue is “the social share buttons that go at the end of the article”. By default, the social share buttons will not be displayed at the end of each post. My wild guess is that you added a custom php code in the functions.php file to make this happen. And since you did not installed a child theme and just added the custom code in your parent theme’s functions.php file, all the codes were overwritten after the updates.

Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After the child theme is set up, please add back your custom php code in your child theme’s functions.php file.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @RueNel

This are the buttons I’m talking about

And I can’t remember doing anything special in order to have those buttons at the end of the article.

I’ll have a look into using a child theme, thanks for the suggestion.

Hi There,

It sounds like you might be having an issue with a third party plugin or script. Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

But you can try the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  6. Turn off all the cache plugins.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Looks like a JetPack plugin. I was actually trying to implement it just now and saw that it doesn’t show. It would be great is someone else has the solution for this.

@adrianonline
This is what support should have told you since they cannot comment on third party plugins: You will have to use the Classic Element “Classic Social Sharing” and create a preset for the Element once you have what you need. It is very limited so you won’t have as many social options, including printing. But after you create your preset you can add the classic element to the bottom of every post/page and then select the preset. I know… not really what you are looking for but it is an optional resolution for now.

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in, Kevin. That’s a good alternative.

1 Like

@adrianonline
I have the jetpack sharing now working. I had installed Jetpack after going live with the website so not sure what was happening. But all I did was disable jetpack sharing in the settings and then re-enabled it and redo the social site selections. Then I saved it and now it works. Not sure why that is the solution, but it is what it is.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that, it will help others as well.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.