Small issues

Hi there. I have a couple of questions and issues related to the footer in X-Theme

• Can I make the footer full width? and not have it boxed or adjust the width for this element only?
  • There is a large gap in between two stacked widgets in the middle column (social and the address) and when I tried to find the source it sited instructional text to edit it live
  • Also, I created a list of social icons and two of them will only show as Pinterest even though I have changed them to Twitter and YouTube
    And finally, in mobile, can you tell me how can I make the submit button center on mobile? The form elements wrap in mobile and the button floats to the left. When it is viewed on the desktop I want it appear inline with the text box so I don’t want to affect that.
    URL will follow. Thank you.

Hi @GeorgiaG,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

• You can adjust the width and of the footer container by navigating to Theme Options > Layout and Design > Site Max Width and Site Width.

This will be applied globally e.g header, content and footer. If you need to change the width of the footer only then you can add the following code in the Theme Options > CSS:

footer.x-colophon .x-container.max.width {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: 100%
}
  • To remove the gap, you can add the following code as well:
footer.x-colophon .widget {
    margin-top: 0;
}
  • It seems like you’ve customization in your child theme which is conflicting with the social icons, try switching to parent theme and see if this resolves the issue. If it does then remove the customization from your child theme related to social icons.

• To center align the form button, you can make use of the following code:

.horizontal-mailchimp #mc_embed_signup .button {
    margin: 0 auto !important;
}

Here are some related links for further reading, this could help you in finding and implementing some CSS fixes:

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

Thank you for your help. I do not want to do a change that would affect the page layout site wide. Is there a way to show widgets in the bottom footer or can I just add divs to that and the html from the various widget content?

The other answers were applied and worked perfectly btw! Thank you.

Hi @GeorgiaG,

In that case, please use the custom CSS provided.

Regretfully, with X that would require customization, you might want to upgrade to PRO instead so you can customize the footer.

Pro - Header and Footer Builder Introduction

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.