Slug issue

I created my site using the church template as a baseline. However, I am now running into an issue with “events.” I noticed that there was a post category called “events,” but I have a page called events. I am adding a child page with the parent page “events,” but it keeps giving me a 404 error. I tried deleting the post category, but that didn’t help the issue. How do I get events to be a functioning parent page? If you use /event/page it works. If I use /events/page it doesn’t.

Hi there,

If you want a page to have the event’s slug, you will have to change the slug of the MEC plugin to something else as it is using the events slug by something else.

You can change the slug by going to M.E. Calendar > Setting > Slugs/Permalinks > Main Slug.

Hope this helps.

I am not sure what you mean by the MEC plugin. I do not see that under my plugins and I cannot find an M.E. calendar setting anywhere.

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the confusion, Jade is referring to the Modern Event Calendar extensions, which by default use the /events slug for events posts index.

If you don’t have that plugin installed, Please navigate to Settings > Permalinks and just save it.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I do not have that plugin installed. And I have all sorts of things with the permalinks. I don’t know if I am missing something else behind the scenes. When I installed the church demo, I noticed it was using “events” as a category. I deleted that category, resaved the permalinks, but still have no success using events as a parent page.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please send us your website details so that we can have a look.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Info attached

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in and checked your site. It turns out that your portfolio slug is also set to events which has been the caused of the issue.

You can find this setting in X > Theme Options > Portfolio > Custom URL slug> I went ahead and replaced it with portfolio. The issue is now resolved.

Please check your page now.

Perfect, thanks!

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.