Slow site - Parralax images etc

Hello,

I have recently created a newish site using X & it seems to scroll really slow when I have multiple parallax images on the same page. I know there are known issues with parallax on Chrome, but we wanted this effect. Other companies get it working fine, it just seems like we are having to compromise what we want to achieve with our site due to the slowness of it.

We have created a mobile version (so a desktop & mobile section) for each section on the website. Will this slow it down also? Not sure if both sections are loaded…

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated.

Site - webandroll.co.uk

Thanks, Tom

Hello Tom,

Thanks for writing in!

It seems to be working fine on my end as of now. Have you tried enabling Smooth Scroll plugin? I recommend you to install Smooth Scroll from X > Overview > Extensions. You can also refer our knowledgebase article:

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello,

No the smooth scroll script actually makes it worse! It adds more calls for repaints onto the performance report & slows it down further…

Yes it works pretty good on some browsers, but not as well on others.

Thanks, Tom

Hello there,

I`ve checked your site and the scroll is working normally. Which browser is presenting problems?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.