Slow Saving and Text Updating in Pro (Undo Problem?)

Hello there,

I think I am having an issue with text-updating and saving in Pro. Let me first explain the issue and then my hunch as to the underlying problem.

The Issue
When working in the Pro page builder, both my associate and I are having the same issues across the country from each other using multiple OS’s and browsers (Windows 10, macOS Mojave, Safari, Chrome, Firefox).

1. When we edit text fields, it takes a long time for the edits to update on the page. This happens when editing text via the inspector. This also happens when editing inline. When editing inline, the text updates as I type, but when I click away it reverts to the previous text state and takes a while to reflect the new text. It seems that the more text I type, the longer it takes to render in the preview pane. If I just change a word or two, it updates quickly.

2. Saving also can take a tremendous amount of time (sometimes in excess of 10-20 minutes). This only lags when I have edited text fields extensively as described previously. Interestingly enough, it seems that it doesn’t save until the text fields render, which leads me to believe that the issues are related. Sometimes, the only way to save a page is to copy the changed text, refresh the window, paste in the changes, and save. Then it saves in a reasonable amount of time.

My Hunch
That being said, I think the issue may be related to the undo feature. Since this only seems to happen on text fields where lots of letters have been typed, I am wondering if the undo feature is trying to log all of those state changes (each keystroke) and getting bogged down. Perhaps because of this, the text fields won’t render and the pages won’t save until undo “catches up.” That would also be why the pages save more quickly when I copy/paste the text, since it isn’t individual keystrokes that are being logged, but a single paste.

I could be totally off in my assessment of this, but that’s my hunch.

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for reaching out.

I did noticed similar issues too but it’s due to the amount of requests that a host allowed. But I could be wrong so I’ll check if I can reproduce this on other setup/installations.

I also replied to your other post on another thread https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/pro-editor-takes-long-time-to-save-a-page/50381/5

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.