Slider Revolution Youtube VDO - Presentation

Hi there,

The vdo is working nicely however, how can I adjust the vdo playing in full screen. At the moment, there are still black edges on both sides when playing.

Here is the pagehttps://www.mittavalleybeef.com.au.

Many thanks.

Hi @mittavalley,

I can see you are using Revolution slider. Please check the entire discussion on this thread on how to work around it. Hope this helps.

Hi there,

Many thanks for the thread. It works for me to align the aspect ratio 16:9 with layer grid size.

Cheers,

Glad to hear it’s sorted, @mittavalley.

Hi there,

I am having another issue that needs your help. I’ve just checked with some mobile phones Samsung Note 9 and Samsung 10 but the vdo doesn’t play. However, if I try on the preview of Slider Revolution it plays fine. Under Layout and Design section I have “Disable Slider on mobile” off and “Disable KenBurn on mobile” off.

Many thanks

Hey @mittavalley,

Have you set up the video properly? Please provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Kindly create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you in advance.

Hi there,

I’ve checked the credential works. Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Hi @mittavalley,

Yes, it doesn’t play on chrome even on desktop, nor in admin preview, but works okay on other browsers. I tried this on my installation and it works well, but not on your setup. How about adding your video as a background slider? I’ll continue checking.

Or perhaps just a video element within the builder?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Many thanks for support.

Using a background slider it works both in admin preview, mobile and desktop. I am using Firefox though. But no sound on either devices except admin preview, if mute video is off. But if mute video is on, none of them has sound.

If I use a video element within the builder, can play but no sound neither.

Cheers,

Hey @mittavalley,

Browsers now does not allow auto-playing videos with sound as that has been found to be a bad user experience for website visitors.

What you’re experiencing is the browser’s limitation. That is even if the autoplay parameter in the Youtube video URL is added. It will work in the preview and if you’re logged in but not when viewed on incognito mode and other browsers. Maybe some browsers might allow autoplay but generally, it won’t. You still can manually play it and that is with sound.

Please check out the sample Youtube Video Embed I’ve set up in a test page in your site.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Fair enough… but good to know though. I can imagine more people add vdos on their websites nowadays that would sometime annoy viewers.

So do you want me to embed the code in the builder?

Many thanks

Me again,

Sorry I checked on the link of the test page. I’ve changed back to the vdo layer and the layer grid size as per your test page. But I don’t get the full screen of the vdo as your test page has. I would like to get the full screen width. What is the solution? I use WP Bakery Page Builder to set up this front page before I familiar with Cornerstone so what element to use then? If I use Video Setting Player element, I wouldn’t be able to embed the autoplay code as per your suggestion in the screenshot. I think because of your setting frame in the test page in the builder made the vdo play in fullwidth.

Many thanks

Hi @mittavalley,

Please set your video layers height and width to 100% and set the horizontal and vertical alignment to center.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi there,

Sorry it still doesn’t show in full width. Here is my setting as per your suggestion.

Thanks.
Cheers,

Hi @mittavalley,

You need to enable your Video Layer to Full Screen and Force Cover, I thought you already set this because the 16:9 Aspect Ratio is the solution to your original issue (black edges).

I did go ahead and turn those On and your video is in fullwidth now.

Thanks,

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick help. No problem. I am glad that there are many ways to solve the problem.

Thanks to all of your team. It has been fabulous!

Take care.
Cheers,

Hello @mittavalley,

In case you want to read more about Rev Slider feature, please check here:

https://www.themepunch.com/support-center/

Thank you for the kind words. We’re glad to help!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.