Slider Revolution won't install from extensions

Hi,

I updated plugins on my site and encountered a number of timeout 504 errors. Each time this error was displayed, the corresponding plugin disappeared. In the case of Slider Revolution, I cannot reinstall it. When I go to the X theme page > extensions and click install it thinks for a while before saying “error encountered”. When I click on details it either shows a timeout 504 error or just a blank box. I tried installing a different plugin from the extensions options (google analytics) and it works fine.

I deactivated all plugins and still had the same issue. The host have said that there is no issue with the server and that it is the plugins causing the slow server response time but the issue remains when all plugins are deactivated.

I have logged in via FTP and removed any old revslider folders in case they were causing a conflict but this doesn’t seem to have helped.

The slider was the primary thing on the home page and is now missing so I’d appreciate your help.
Many thanks,
Jenny

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for writing in!

You have the option of installing Revolution Slider manually using the link shared in secure note. You can download the zip file and extract the same. Login to FTP using software like Filezilla and upload the folder under /wp-content/plugins/ folder. After that from Plugins > Installed Plugins you can activate Revolution Slider.

Regarding the error message you are getting, please take a look at the solution shared in following thread and see how it goes:

Thanks.

Thanks - the manual upload of Revolution Slider worked.

Regarding the time out and the general slowness of the site, I had already spent some time deactivating plugins and running speed tests and the only plug in that made a significant difference was the Cornerstone one. I know that lots of people use this successfully without speed issues, and am not convinced that the hosting package we are using is good enough (although the website owners do not want to improve the hosting). The system resources limits on the shared hosting package are:

• upload_max_filesize = 20M
  • post_max_size = 20M
  • memory_limit = 64M

Is there a minimum recommended for using X and Cornerstone?

Thanks for your help,
Jenny

Hello Jenny,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Usually shared hosting comes with some limitations. As the resources are getting shared in between users, most of the time system capacity utilization is fairly high. In above package ideally it’s suggested to have memory_limit of around 256mb or 512mb.

To learn more, please take a look at following resource:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.