Slider Revolution Won't Activate

Slider Revolution plugin - supposedly included with the X Theme - won’t activate.
Tried using the license key provided with purchase, but get an error message.

Under the X menu, the theme indicates the plugin is installed & activated.
But the plugin itself requires activation which will not accept my license key.
Template also will not open without a key.

Hi There,

Your plugin itself is actived and functional, to get the premium templates and import from inside the revolution slider you need to validate/activate the plugin, but that is just possible by purchasing the plugin,

You can freely ignore this message as the version that is bundled with X offers all the same functionalities, except you will need to import the sliders template manually.

You can download the templates from :

https://revolution.themepunch.com/free-slider-exchange/

Hope it helps

No, this does not help.

If the product I purchased - advertised as including Revolution Slider - does not actually include USING Revolution Slider, that’s false advertising.

I’m not getting what ThemeCo advertised, nor what I paid for.

Hi there,

Let me explain how we add the extensions to our theme. We negotiate with the plugin developer and sign a contract to add the plugin code inside our theme.

The licensing scheme of the plugin will not work, that is the case for any multi-purpose theme which bundles a plugin. The contract can only allow us to include the source code to our theme.

So you will have the functionality of the plugin out of the box. Now each plugin may have a functionality or two which will need extra steps such as validation of the plugin.

For example, the Essential Grids plugin needs that to have extra templates. Same case with Revolution Slider.

So that is why premium templates of the Revolution Slider are not available in bundled version. For more information kindly read this article Bundled version section:

Thank you for your understanding.

I do NOT understand why Themeco would say, “They can be instantly downloaded and automatically updated with each verified purchase. Oh, and they are all free.” when that is completely untrue.

Does Kyle not recognize this obvious bait & switch?

Hi there @andstrats,

It’s certainly not a bait and switch, no where do we state that they are unlocked by the original author, neither do we state anywhere that the updates are downloaded from the original developer. In fact in multiple places we make it clear that all 3rd party plugin updates are provided by us on our own automatic updates system.

We specifically don’t push every update instantly, as oftentimes, a update has bugs which are subsequently fixed by the plugin developer, we test for X and Pro compatibility and ensure everything works correctly before pushing.

Some plugins may lock features to purchases of the plugin that are verified by a license code on the WordPress install where the plugin is installed. However this i beyond our control.

We provide support for all third party plugins included as extensions as well as automatic update through our own system.

Thanks!