Slider Revolution Post Based/Static mixed

I’ve got a post based Slider Revolution slider set up that randomly cycles through a “featured content” category. I would also like to include two slides that link elsewhere: one to a page within my site and another to an external site. Is there an easy way to do this?

The easiest option would be to somehow be able to create two slides that would shuffle in with the rest. If that’s not possible, I could also create two placeholder posts, but I’m not sure how to specify an alternate link URL for just those posts. With the placeholder post idea in mind, I created a custom field for an alternate link, but I can’t work out how to incorporate logic into the link choice (if custom_meta_field is null, then {{link}}).

I appreciate any insight. I’m hoping this isn’t as complicated as I’ve made it out to be.

HI @eecwp,

Thanks for writing in.

In regards to your first concern, to include a slides within the random featured content category slides. I believe that it is possible however it is quite a custom support that you needed custom developer.

And for the other one, to add a slide within the random slides using manually added slides. You can check the link below on how to add url link or button to be clicked.

https://www.themepunch.com/faq/how-to-hyperlink-slides-and-layers/

Hope it helps.

Thank you for understanding.

Thanks. Unfortunately creating a new slide with a custom URL isn’t functioning the way I need. It alternates between every other featured post slide (far too often). I’m on my own to learn how to customize this since I can’t access the Themepunch support… I’ll try the peer-to-peer forum.

You’re welcome and good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.