Slider Revolution not working properly in Cornerstone

I had posted an earlier question and had not received a response.

Revolution Slider does not work in Cornerstone. Two issues:

1. I cannot see the slider in cornerstone, even though once I save it I can see it in the website.

2. When I activate Revolution Slider, I can only see text in cornerstone. All other settings - background, color, etc do not show up in cornerstone.

Would appreciate a quick response.

note: i am sending my user credentials via the secured note

Hi @yshankar,

Thanks for writing in.

Upon logging in, you credentials are incorrect. Please check if your missed a characters or something.

Please try to reinstall your revolution slider. It would be best that you will remove it then reinstall it again via X adds on/Overview.

Make sure also that you setup is updated.

update guide:

Slider revolution should be on a compatible version to the theme.

Versions:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

All my versions are up to date. My Revolution slider works the same now in both staging and production site. But I cannot see the slider within cornerstone. I am attaching my credentials via a secure note. If you can check and let me know what is happening.

Thanks

Hi @yshankar,

As I checked your setup, I could see a non stop script in your browser console due to your revolution slider.

Try this fix below:

1. Update your setup to the latest version. There is a new release.
  2. Update your revolution slider to the latest version compatible with the latest version of X theme. Yours is not the latest version compatible with the latest version
  3. Check for plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks.

I have done everything you suggest, I am all up to date in terms of versions. But I still have the problem. I actually have identified a Revolution Slider plugin that is causing some of the problems ‘Slider Revolution Particles Effect’. But even when I deactivate this plugin I still have the problem of not being able to see the slider. I am also getting an error message. I am attaching a screen shot.

If you can help me out.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi There,

Would you mind deactivating the WP Super Minify and Comet Cache plugins (clear the cache before you deactivate it) and see if that resolves the issue.

Regretfully, we do not support 3rd party add-ons like ‘Slider Revolution Particles Effect’, please contact the plugin Author, they might have a solution for this on there KB.

Thanks,

Slider Revolution Particles effect is part of Revolution Slider. So am not sure about your comment. But regardless, I deactivated both Super Minify, Comet Cache and Particles Effect. I am still having the problems. If you can take a closer look at it.

Thanks,

Hello There,

We are puzzled by this issue. We have checked it already and still, the JS error goes on and on. Maybe we can test it in another staging environment so that we can compare the results?

Thank you.

Update:
I have imported your Home Parallax slider and tested it in my local. I still encounter the same issue with an endless JS error on the page. When I switch to another slider, I can view the slider in Cornerstone.

And so I also tested in your site. I created a test page and inserted a different slider and it is displaying as shown here: http://prntscr.com/hccbo8

You can check it for your self in the link in the secure note that I have added.

I therefore concluded that there is no issue with your X theme, Cornerstone or with the plugins. The issue is in the slider itself.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.