Slider revolution not hidden on mobile even though the option is selected on settings

Hello, I’m using Rev slider implemented at the page level with “Slider Setting: Below Masthead”. I’ve created my slider and in the Slider Settings > Layout and Visual > Mobile > Disable slider on Mobile is ON

Doesn’t that mean is SHOULD NOT display on mobile?

On “Problem Handlings” I have set Use Alternative Image on Molbile and selected an image.

I’ve cleared cache via the admin panel and my browser I have also used cloud based tools to view. My slider is using the Glow Salon expanded demo but my sliders are not responding correctly.

I either need the slideres to respond properly OR have a static image for mobile. I’d prefer the first option but I’ll take what I can get :slight_smile:
Thanks so much!

Hi,

Please add a poster image as fallback for your slider.

For more information kindly refer to the link below.

https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/layout-visual/#mobile

Hope that helps

Hi Paul, I uploaded an image to that location but now nothing appears. No slider and no back up image. Please help! I had a background image set in Problem Handling in Slider Revolution but that did make a change yesterday. I’m leaving for vacation today and would love to have this resolved :grinning:

Note: I had reviewed the themepunch docs before contacting you. That’s all set up correctly from what I can see with “Disable Slider on Mobile” set to ON with a backup image added.

UPDATE / RESOLUTION*
As noted the above suggestion didn’t work for adding a poster to video. What I did was hide everything for mobile then added an image with gap in cornerstone for with it only view-able on mobile devices. There might have been a better way but I couldn’t figure it out. Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks for sharing @k3441! That’s okay too.

I am having the same exact issue as well. However, I would like to add the image above the masthead. Right now nothing appears as I have disabled the slider for mobile.

Also - I tried adding additional slides in my revslider with visibility only on mobile. However, the first slide that is visible to everything else comes up on my mobile as “no slides found, please add some slides”. How can I make slides 2 & 3 appear on mobile only AND have slide 1 appear on everything else?

PLEASE HELP!

I think they usually recommend you start your own topic. Since it’s above masthead I’m not sure how to help there. Have you tried the Facebook group while you await a response? Good luck.

@jimmyp04, please open a separate thread and give us the URL of the page where you’ve setup the slider.

Please also check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.