Slider Revolution Issues Since Update

Hi there,

Since the recent update to X Theme and Slider Revolution, I have been having a couple of issues with sliders.

Issue 1
I have been using a post based slider for a few months, and it has been working fine.

Since the recent updates, the images only load about 50% of the time. Other than that it just loads a grey background, but the text and button still load. This is across all devices and networks as far as I can see.

I have tried emptying caches etc., which appears to work temporarily, but then stops functioning very soon afterwards. (And I’m not making any changes to the settings/design etc., which cause the break).

Issue 2
The “Read More” button is not working on mobile devices. (Functions fine on a desktop).

When tapping on it, it simply highlights the button, but doesn’t activate the link. If I tap and hold, then I am given the option to open in a new link, so it isn’t that the button isn’t linked anywhere.

I’ve read some other entries and tried things like making the button larger etc., but nothing has worked.

Interestingly, I have also tested adding a new slider from a template, and exactly the same issue is occurring. (I.e, I’ve opened a new module, viewed it through the inspector in Chrome, and the “Read More” button behaves exactly the same as it does on our live site).

Thanks,
Jamie

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for the detailed information. There was a major changes in the latest release of the Revolution Slider. Kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Thanks RueNel,

I’ve shared the secure note above.

Thanks,
Jamie

Hi Jamie,

The slider issue with an image that isn’t displaying is due to CDN that serves. That one perhaps makes your sites slow too, In my 5 reloads, only two works. Hence, I deactivated the Jetpack’s CDN option (Image Accelerator) and its Lazyloading options, and now the images are now loading.

As for the readmore button, it seems to be working on my mobile. Perhaps it’s just slow and the entire functionality isn’t loaded yet? Please try deactivating some of the plugins and test it again, especially the redirects, security, or blackhole. Anything that possible blocks and redirect access, because as of now, it takes 5 mins just to load a single page but sometimes, it loads fast.

If not and still slow, I recommend disabling the HTTPS and test it again, there is a random console error related to it. And it’s pointing to varying resources, like a plugin script.

Thanks!

Update: I just reloaded and the images stopped working again, and the CDN HTTPS errors are back again. When I checked, the jetpack’s setting that I disabled are enabled again. Perhaps your site has a security that blocks any changes?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.