Slider Revolution 6.1.2 not working properly with X and Cornerstone latest verions

Hey guys,

I have a couple of sites in which I use X, Cornerstone and Slider Revolution, and pretty much all of them are getting me some kind of error after the lasted update. I’m using X 7.0.4, Cornerstone 4.0.4 and Slider Rev 6.1.2. On one site pretty much everything that involves jquery (facebook and instagram feed, essential grid, etc) gets broken if there’s a slider on the page (pages without it work fine), and there’s another site that even gets 500 error and I had to remove via FTP the Slider Rev folder so that It could even open.

Could you guys help me out?

Thank you!

Hello @jcarnasciali,

Thanks for writing in!

An error 500 is usually a fatal error. You might have exhausted your PHP memory limit. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

I have checked your licenses and you have several sites. I could not pin point which one is having the issue. Please provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hey,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, busy week.

One of the sites we’re having issues is the following:

As can be seen on the homepage, or on this page: https://crossfitbarigui.com.br/como-comecar-001/

Both of them have a slider, which break a lot of stuff.

Thank you!

Hi @jcarnasciali,

I’ve investigated the issue and I could not find what is causing it. Please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi @friech,

I deactivated everything but cornerstone and Slider Revolution, and the problem still shows. However, to make absolute sure, I created a new temporary domain on my host and installed X, Cornerstone and Slider Rev in there on a brand new Wordpress site, changing for a brief moment one of my licenses, and it works fine in there. I’m starting to think that maybe there is some kind of corruption on Slider Revolution when you update it from the previous versions (5.X) to the one with the whole layout makeover (6.X), as it didn’t happen on only one of my sites, but multiple, and they’re all quite different from each other.

Another interesting I checked: on my plugins list, there is a strange little “line” right under Slider Revolution’s title, which, checking on Chrome’s elements inspector, is a message of update, except it’s blank:

Also, on Chrome’s console, the following error shows up on pages with a slider:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getElementsByTagName' of undefined
    at c (VM241 rs6.min.js:37)
    at HTMLUnknownElement.<anonymous> (VM241 rs6.min.js:37)
    at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at a.fn.init.revolution (VM241 rs6.min.js:37)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> ((index):331)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at HTMLDocument.J (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)

I suppose my best option would be to export all my sliders to my computer, delete the plugin and try installing it brand new from a .zip file.

Hi @jcarnasciali,

Yes, that is a possibility too that there is a corrupted file on your Revolution Slider plugin. I have exported one of your slider (Unidade 001 images) on my dev site to test, and it works. Export all your sliders to your computer, delete the current RS plugin. Then reinstall it under X > Validation > Extensions.

Another test that you might need to do is switch to the parent X theme and see if that resolves the issue. You might have customization on your child theme that causing this error.

Cheers!

Hi there, was wondering if there was a solution to this? I have a client reporting the same thing after updating both Pro and all the plugins. Thanks!

Hi @extCreative,

Thank you for writing in, please make sure that you’re on the latest version, WordPress 5.2.3, Pro 3.0.4, or X 7.0.4 and Cornerstone 4.0.4., and Revolution Slider v6.1.2.

Then remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persists, please create a new thread (your own thread) and provide us your login credentials in there.

How To Get Support

Cheers!

Hey guys,

I managed to solve the problem with @friech suggestion of changing from the child to the parent theme, which was what was causing a conflict with Slider Rev. Seems like a pretty old code of removing blank spaces created by Wordpress’ auto line breaks on posts started making 6.X Slider version go ham. @extCreative, I’d recommend you do the same and try to switch from the child theme to the parent as well to check if it works better.

Thank you for the help!

1 Like

Got it! When switching to a different theme entirely I was able to see that it was an image caption shortcode that was making the client’s slider go wonky (they’re using it to display latest blog posts). Thanks @jcarnasciali and @friech!

1 Like

You’re welcome!
It’s good to know that the issue has been resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.