Slider on site displays LQ background while the actual image is HQ

Hi there,

I have a slider on the homepage of my site that has a HQ image as background. In slider revolution the quality displays just how it is supposed to. See reference image below:

However when I save the slider and look on the homepage the image is extremely LQ. See reference image below:

How can I ensure that the picture in the slider stays HQ after saving the slide?

I will provide the link and credentials in a secure note.

Thanks in advance!

• Ka

Hello Vink,

Thanks for writing in! I have inspected your site and I found out that you have installed Jetpack plugin. You have enabled the Site Accelerator in jetpack which is causing the low quality image. The Site Accelerator will cached all your images and sometimes it has some problems loading the images. One of the limitations of photons:

No cache invalidations – currently the images are cached “forever”.
If you want to “refresh” an image you will need to change the name of the image.
Adding random query arguments, commonly known as cachebusters, will not work.

You can check it here: https://jetpack.com/support/site-accelerator/ for further information.

For the time being, please disable Site Accelerator module and test your site again. You will find that the full images will be displayed without a hitch.

Hi!

Awesome, that indeed fixed it! Thanks so much!

You’re welcome. We’re glad the issue was fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.