Slider disappeared

Hi there,

My Revolution slider, (4 images), that has been on site for years has disappeared - I have done nothing to cause it, except updating WP and Theme X. It was full width and lived at the top of the page, before ‘Our Core Values’. I also noticed its no longer on my dashboard, so I tried installing it again from usual X menu, but I keep getting an error.

Can someone please help? Web site: www.twobeans.ie

Many Thanks in advance,
Bobby

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

Looks like the plugin is inactive, I don’t see any reference to it from your site like some URLs. Would you mind providing your admin login credentials as well? For the meantime, please make sure the Revslider plugin is active too.

If it’s not a Revslider then please provide more details about the slider.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad - yes, thats the thing, I can no longer see RevSlide nor can I reinstall it from X, (see my original post). I will send you credentials for WP, but how do I DM you? (sorry haven’t been on support since you changed to Apex). Thanks, Bobby

Here is the error when trying to reinstall RevSlide

Hello Bobby,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I don’t see any information in secure note other then a test message. Destination folder already exists means the folder containing Rev Slider files is already there. Please login to FTP using softwares like Filezilla and under /wp-content/plugins/ directory please delete revslider folder. You can reinstall Revolution Slider from X > Validation > Extensions > Slider Revolution.

To get started with FTP, you can take a look at following tutorial.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that there was a folder, however I wanted to bring it back to the site, so I wouldn’t have to build the slides again!

I have looked into the twobeans.ie/web/wp-content/plugins/revslider/admin/revslider-admin.class.php and I saw the following, amongst the code of my slide, (see message in bold):

if($vn == true){
$notices[99999] = new stdClass();
$notices[99999]->code = ‘DISCARD’;
$notices[99999]->version = ‘99.99’;
$notices[99999]->is_global = false;
$notices[99999]->color = ‘error’;
$notices[99999]->text = ’

’.__(‘Hi, your Purchase Code for Slider Revolution has been deregistered manually through https://www.themepunch.com/purchase-code-deactivation and is no longer active for this installation.’, ‘revslider’).’

’;

$notices[99999]->disable = false;
$notices[99999]->additional = array();
}
I don’t understand why my purchase code, (which come through purchase of X theme licence), was deactivated?

Is there anything that can be done, i.e. modifying php file to reactivate, so I wouldn’t have to delete/instal/build again?

PS. I could send the whole php file privately if needed.

Best,
Bobby

Hi There,

Delete the plugin folder or file via FTP won’t delete the slides you have created. The slider data stores in database and the image/media in inside upload folder.

Regarding the code you are refering is comon for every one, not only for your plugins. The validation code has been disabled because this is a Bundled version of plugin not for separate distribution or validation.
Please check this for more clarification.

Hope this is clear!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.