Slider, blog posts alignment, No preview error

Hi,
I have had 12 months away from my blog but am very keen to get it happening again. There have been so many changes to support, so please excuse me if i’m not following correct procedure. I have attempted to find the answers to my questions elsewhere on forums.

1. I have been receiving an error telling me that a preview can not be generated in cornerstone when I try to edit my blog posts and that this may be caused from a plugin conflict or cache needing clearing. I went through all the points on another post and deleted the cache, checked each plugin, updated WP, theme and plugins etc and deactivated my firewall thinking that might help… no change. Can you help me?

2. Due to me deactivating the plugins, I now have my Rev slider not appearing at all on my blog post pages (homepage is working).

3. As with point 2, I also have my blog posts displayed in single file vertically down the page instead of 2 x across (like is on the homepage). Can you tell me how to fix these issues?

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. For the Cornerstone preview problem you need to make sure you have set your CloudFlare correctly. First kindly follow the steps below:

https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Then kindly read this article:

Let’s make sure that you have correct Cornerstone at hand then kindly open up a separatethread for the Revolution Slider to follow up.

Just as a pointer first kindly go to the Revolution Slider settings and enable the No Conflict mode:

Thank you.

I’m sorry for my ignorance but I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about :). What is Cloud flare / rocket loader? “if you have changed the path of the builder in the settings …” I don’t know where to find the path of the builder or the settings, let alone how to change it.

I’m going to need you to talk a little bit ‘untechy’ haha!

I did manage to locate Rev slider settings and enable to No Conflict mode. It didn’t change anything though.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi there,

I do apologize for the confusion. I checked your website and saw many references to the Cloudflare CDN System but after further investigation, I found out 2 of the plugins actually use that and they have conflicts.

The Shareaholic and the Insert headers and footers plugins are problematic.

I deactivated those plugins and now the Revolution Slider problem should be gone already.

Also, I found out that if you reload the homepage while trying to edit in Cornerstone shows the preview. So I guess the PHP memory limit might have the issue which you need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to increase. Kindly give them this article link:

Thank you.

You are amazing! Thank you so much Christopher. You’re the best!

I’m glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

HI Christopher,
I’m sorry to bother you again about this. The error has appeared again saying Cornerstone can not generate a preview. I have spoken with hosting support and they are trying numerous things to get it fixed. This is their latest response. Can you help? I’m not really sure what they are needing…

Hi Liz,
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried to fix this issue by deactivating all plugins, but we are still getting the error. We have also tried removing all custom CSS and JS from your website and cleared the server cache.
Upon checking the browser console, we noticed this error which could be causing this issue: https://www.screencast.com/t/ZFma2AuJWUP.
Can you please send us fresh cornerstone plugins files. so we can replace the existing plugin files and try to fix the issue.

I’m not sure where to find fresh cornerstone plugins? This has been going on for weeks now and we don’t seem to be getting any closer to figuring out the issue. My PHP memory is more than adequate.

Thanks for you help :slight_smile:

Hi there,

As this needs further detailed investigation and focuses on the case, kindly open up a separate thread only for the preview problem. Give us detailed information about the case and if this is happening on all pages or only a specific page. If a specific one, then gives us the page name.

Also, give us detailed information on results of these tests:

In the secure note give us the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard and we will follow up the case to the best of our abilities.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.