Slider and menu

I have installed the X Wordpress Theme and I am trying to mirror the Ethos 1 demo ( http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/ ). I am struggling to setup the slider I have set up slides but nothing is appearing on the front end - can someone advise? Also, I am not sure how to set up icons in the main menu as per the design. I have setup the tabs but cannot get the search button in the main menu. Any help would be appreciated.

One other question - is it possible to add a plugin shortcode to the main menu bar ? I want people to sign into the site using their social media logins.

Thanks

Hi @Tony_gm,

Thanks for writing in.

First, for your 2nd concern, it is possible however regretfully, we could not be able to do it because it is quite a customization and it beyond the scope of our support.

And for your ethos posts slider, sometimes there are settings in your Theme options > Ethos that causes the slider not show. Play with the settings so that you could enable to show the slider in your homepage.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I still cannot get the main slider working. I have the posts slider at the top of the page - I will have another go later.

In the meantime how I can make this search icon appear in a tab to the right of the main menu?

Hi Tony_gm,
This slider in Ethos is called “POST CAROUSEL” and it can be enabled from (X > Theme Options > Ethos > Post Carousel), just make sure to select “Random” or “Most Commented” in the “Display” option unless you set some of your posts as “Featured” by checking this checkbox in the post editor:

Regarding the search icon, are you sure you have enabled the “NAVBAR SEARCH” in (X > Theme Options > Header > Search)?

Thanks.

Hi, I have tried doing both the suggestions to switch on the slider and search but neither are working. Search is active but not sitting inside a tab. Is there a way I can send you details to login and check?

Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

• Please disable the Filterable index option in X > Theme Options > Ethos > Blog Options.

• Please deactivate Ubermenu plugin because it is messing up the search icon in the menu.

To send your WP credentials, you can add it in the secure note when you reply.
Please check out this thread for more details: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Hope this helps.

Thanks both those suggestions worked! :smiley:

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.