Slicker Slider

Hello,

Currently I’m using Theme X as my theme on my website (https://clevyr.com/product/ferris-wheel-tshirt/). I recently added WooCommerce to sell things through our store. After implementing WooCommerce, I added a Plugin (Twist - https://codecanyon.net/item/twist-product-gallery-slidercarousel-plugin-for-woocommerce/14849108) to help with the product photography.

For some reason the plugin has been having issues with the theme, so I reached out to the plugin support and after looking at it for an hour they asked me to put in a ticket with you. “I was just looking for the solution for last 1 hour but I got nothing. currently, you’re using X theme. and my plugin is not working with it for some reason. Could you please contact the theme support and ask them why slick slider is not working with their theme?

Please let me know your thoughts on how I can get this resolved. The left navigation, product gallery, clickable. Thanks!

Hi @clevyr,

Thanks for writing in.

Our one of the extension stack is using slick slider and it is working. There could be a plugin or your theme is not updated to the latest version.

First, please update your setup to the latest version.

Then if still not helping, please test for plugin conflict or script conflict. Remove or disable temporary scripts or plugins to check if there is conflict. Do not disable X bundled plugins.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.,

I pushed the prod site to staging. I updated all the plugins and then deactivated all the plugins (besides the operational ones) and removed any extra scripts. This didn’t impact anything with the site and it’s still interacting the same way as before. It still is having issues with operating the way it’s suppose to be running.

Let me know if you have anymore ideas.

This looks to be an issue with Theme X Pro and WooCommerce because it is overwriting the Plugin. In testing, I changed the theme to a standard one that comes with Wordpress and in doing so, the plugin worked perfectly but when I turn Theme X back on, the plugin gets messed up.

Hi,

May I know what version of woocommerce is installed in your site.

Please note that the latest supported version of Woocommerce is Version: 3.4.2

https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/archive/3.4.2.zip

Can you try downgrading your plugin and see if that works.

Thanks

I went through a lot of files to figure out what the issue was. I finally tracked it down to pro > framework > dist > js > site > x.js where I can see some Slick Slider code. When I delete all the code in that file for testing purposes and save, it fixes the issue I have with the Product Gallery. Could it be that the code you guys have written for Slick Slider is overwriting the plugin, causing it not work properly? Is there a way for me to overwrite this file in my child theme? Or do you have a better solution for going about this?

Hi There,

Please try adding this custom code under functions.php file locates in your child theme:

function x_child_enqueue_site_scripts() {
  wp_deregister_script( 'x-site' );	
  wp_register_script( 'x-site', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/js/x.js', array( 'jquery' ), X_ASSET_REV, true );
  wp_enqueue_script( 'x-site' );
}

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'x_child_enqueue_site_scripts' );

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

With doing it that way, it fixes the issue, which is great! Thank you! My only question would be, with that file being disabled, will that affect anything else within my site? There is a lot of code on that specific page and want to make sure nothing else is messed up with doing it this way.

Thanks for the help.

Hi There,

That’s a theme file so more likely it will affect the theme features that utilise slick-slider.

What you can do for now is observe if that modification greatly affect your site (hope its not). What we can do for now is submit this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it.

Thank you for understanding.

I figured it would affect the site in some kind of way, especially with that much code in the file. Hopefully this is something that can be resolved at some point, so I won’t have to deactivate that file.

Thanks for the help.

Hi @clevyr,

You can implement it as a temporary workaround for now. And can be removed in the future once the fix is available. But for now, it’s a trial and error.

Thanks!

Thank you! Please let me know when the fix has been made.

Thanks!

Hi @clevyr

We might not be able to update the thread then, but you can always find the release notes for every update following this link:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.