Siteground Installation Issue w/ Demo Content

Per a Siteground Technical Support Supervisor: “As I checked only templates can be installed at the moment, however no demo content and I will ask you to check the case with Themeforest, so that we can know how to proceed.”

Please advise ASAP. Screenshot of entire support convo will be attached as a secure message, due to private login credential information being visible.

Hello Christine,

Thank you for the very detailed post information. Actually the demo contents can now be found in the Design Cloud in X > Validation. Only the expanded demo contents are available because we are retiring the standard demos such as the Integrity 1. We have that explained in our release notes here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-3-1-x-7-1-cornerstone-4-1/66681

At the moment, you can still install the previous stable version of the theme which you can get from your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard) since version 7.0.4 has still the demo contents import option available. Anyways, I went ahead and have reverted your X theme to an older version so we can install the Integrity 1 demo. It is now installed in your site and I just left the old version. You might try to install other standard demos. Just make sure that you have read more about oour Demos so that you will the difference between the Standard and expanded demos.

Please check your site now.

From Siteground Technical Support, when I sent a copy of your reply:

"Hello Christine,

The Demo Content installation option doesn’t appear in the installed theme.

Currently, both X themes are the same versions no matter of the exact name.

baseos | u1522-9am8xmk8tjp8@us1013.siteground.us:~/www/brightmindcanine.com/public_html$ wp theme list
±----------------±---------±-------±--------+
| name | status | update | version |
| twentynineteen | inactive | none | 1.4 |
| twentyseventeen | inactive | none | 2.2 |
| twentysixteen | inactive | none | 2.0 |
| twentytwenty | inactive | none | 1.0 |
| x-7.1.2 | inactive | none | 7.1.2 |
| x | active | none | 7.1.2 |

In this case it would be best to contact with theme’s developer to assist you importing the desired demo content.

Should you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Zdravko Zamfirov
Technical Support Supervisor"

Hi Christine,

Let me give a context about the case. The version 7.1+ installation of the X theme does not support the Standard Demos anymore. It is possible to install the Expanded demos which you can access by going to WordPress Dashboard > X > Design Cloud.

The standard demos are created using the old versions of the theme which are deprecated. We will move most of those demos to the new version in the future, but if you want to use the standard demo content you need to install the older version of the theme.

You need to go to your Themeco Dashboard and download teh Stability version fo teh theme:

If you install that version you will have access to the old Demo import menu by going to WordPress Dashboard > X > Validation.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.