Site Video Suddenly not working - need updating help/instructions

Hi there, a Theme X site I built has some issues, mainly related to the video that’s on the Home Page (very top). These issues are likely do to updates (or lack thereof), so I have some “process questions” that I’d love guidance on if it’s not too much trouble) :slight_smile:

Website URL is http://www.carlylovesamos.com Originally the site’s [above header] video was playing automatically and working great (it autoplayed on every view/refresh, and worked on any device and all the time), but now it’s not consistently working. I updated the plugin, which helped, but it’s still mostly not working (sometimes it does, most of the time it does not).

I know some of their stuff is out of date, but honestly I’m always intimidated to update things b/c I’m so afraid of braking something and having their entire site not work :frowning: So is there a step by step fool proof way to update the theme/cornerstone/extensions/plugins without any chance of breaking anything? Like, what is the best way/process to do that (“this first, then this, then this… and bam, everything is up to date and fixed!”) <== that’s what I’m looking for… as well as any insight you might have as to why the video isn’t working (I looked into the RevSlider settings for that video and it looks all good to me (I updated that plugin as well but the video still is not really working)).

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Hello @garyachristenson,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. Background video: Background video on header is working fine on my end. Please see screencast. https://cl.ly/0f391b1T0b3B
  2. Update process: I see that you are using quite old version of X Theme (4.3.4) and Cornerstone (1.1.3) on the website. Please understand that there is no full proof way of updating the website as it depends on bunch of factors like version of X Theme and Cornerstone that’s currently on the website, server architecture etc. However, in knowledge-base to help our customers we have Theme and update guide wherein we have shared the steps that can be followed to update the X and Cornerstone. There is no guarantee as issues might comeup but we will do out level best to help you out. It’s always advisable (also mentioned in theme and plugins update guide) please setup a sagging server and perform the update over there. Reason being, in case any issues comes up you can troubleshoot the problem without effecting the live website. I am sharing the theme and plugin update guide, please take a look. As you are updating the theme and plugin from quite an old version, you may have to update manually.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.