Site validations says being used on another site

Hi, I’ve posted on this before, and tried to respond to that thread but it must be closed.

Please see secure note with login credentials, etc. to help solve. I have gone through troubleshooting guide, but that is not helping. The ‘error’ message is thus:

“Your code is valid but looks like it has already been used on another site. You can revoke and re-assign within your Themeco account.”

I have tried revoking, re-assigning, all the above.

I’m having this same issue and can’t get a solution.

Hi There @shughesd

Thanks for writing in! I have tried to login to your site, but it seems that your login credentials are invalid.

However upon checking, your issue seems to be that you’re using an older version of X theme and Cornerstone plugin. You can check the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Could you please update your X theme manually for once by following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62). Then delete your Cornerstone plugin through your WordPress plugins section, head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to install the latest version of Cornerstone automatically.

Then try to validate your site and it should work.

@mnelson824 … Could you please try the above solution. if you’re using older version of X theme or Cornerstone. If you encounter any issue, please open up a new thread and provide us with your login credentials in a secure note to check your issue as well.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I did a manual upgrade and that alone didn’t allow for validation. I am very wary of deleting cornerstone since if the validation doesn’t work, the site breaks, and my client freaks out.

Can we try again with login credentials? My Cornerstone version was not a very old one - I think only previous version.

Hi @mnelson824,

Deleting it should be okay, you can just go to X > Validation (and wait a bit) and your theme will automatically install the correct cornerstone. The plugin is located in the theme which doesn’t need a validation.

As for validation, that’s the reason it won’t validate. Your site URLs in Admin > Settings > General are IP based while you assigned the license to domain-based URL. It’s either fix your site’s URL and change it to domain-based URL OR assign the license to IP based URL, then validate it.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.