Site update not showing

Hello i am trying to update a site and the revisions do not show up on chrome.

Hello @marcelcroy,

Thanks for writing in!

I see that you are using X Theme 4.6.4 and X Shortcodes. Please note that X Shortcodes has now been integrated into Cornerstone. In this case automatic update won’t work and website will have to be manually updated. Please take a look at following resource to update site manually:

https://theme.co/changelog/

In theme update guide, please scroll down to manual update section on instructions to update manually.

Thanks.

Hello! thanks for your reply. i meant updating the content not the site itself. It seems that whatever change i make does not appear when browsing the site after i hit update. The change appears in the working file but not for live viewing.

Hello @marcelcroy,

Thanks for writing in!

You are experiencing some caching issue. I am not sure which caching plugin or minify plugin you have instead. please clear your plugin cache and regenerate the minified JS/CSS files before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

hmm ok i will dig around to see where that clear cache is

i have this error from W3 cache?

Hello @marcelcroy,

Did you install W3 Total Cache? Please clear the plugin caches and regenerate all the minified JS and CSS files and test your site again.

The error could be that the plugin was removed or deactivated.

Please let us know how it goes.

I have removed the old cache plugin and have added a new one and get this:

Hello @marcelcroy,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

i just posted the note

Hello @marcelcroy,

You might have changed the WP Admin because I can not access it.

Please double check it.

Hello, sorry about that, try this:

Hi @marcelcroy,

It is still disabled and I am not able to access the WP login page.

Thanks.

Really? I just used this and it worked.

Hi @marcelcroy,

I wonder if you have some firewall or security system on your website? As I also like my colleague get the error below when I want to access the admin:

I also think this is not related to our theme and there is some kind of caching system which causes the issue. You can test that by backing up your website completely and changing the theme from X to another one. Then try to change the content of the pages, if it still does not work, it shows that the problem is not our theme.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.