Site Title and H1 Headers

Hi guys

I created a website on the agency stack. I am doing some onsite optimization and have noticed the main site title for the website carries to every page on the website as the H1 header and not just the home page. You cannot see this on every page, it is hidden but google bing and seo onpage tools all indicate the site title is the H1 header for every page. I would like to have one H1 header for every page and for these to be different. How do I stop the site title from also being considered the H1 header for each page.

Thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,

We need a child theme to achieve this. Please copy _brand.php from this folder: wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global to your child theme here: wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global. Open the copied file and then feel free to delete this line:
<?php echo '<h1 class="visually-hidden">' . $site_name . '</h1>'; ?>

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi there

I have installed the child theme.

this folder wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global Where is it??? In cpanel wordpress. I cant find it in wordpress

This folder wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global again where is it. cpanel??? word press

Thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,

You need to connect through your server FTP account (you can use cPanel logins and use a software like FileZilla Client to connect to your server) to access your files in the server. Or else you can use the file manager in the cPanel which we do not recommend.

You can go through the following video guide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUNQphoGVwQ).

Thanks!

X theme was installed months ago and I just installed the child theme today. Under folder wp-content\themes\ I cant even find them

Rod

Hi There,

In that case, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

how do i set a message as secure note

Rod

Hi again,

Please visit https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288 and scroll down to Secure Notes section.

Cheers!

There is no secure note tab when I send a reply message to you!!! I have watch share bookmark and reply no secure note tab

Hi again,

Adding a secure note option will be available after you create a post or a reply, look out for a button that says “Secure Note” at the bottom of your replies, you can add a secure note to any of your post.

Hope this helps!

Ive just sent a secure note

Thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,

Thank you for the credentials. See x-child folder below.
Inside this folder: public_html/wp-content/themes/x-child/framework, this folder legacy\cranium\headers\views\global doesn’t exist yet. You have to create that part.

Hope this helps.

I think I have done it

I have created the folder added the file and deleted the php code

<?php echo '

' . $site_name . '

'; ?>

Can you check this

Thanks

Rod

All good!

And I didn’t see the h1 tag next to the logo anymore.

Cheers!

I recently tried this but do not see the site updating. JulieLohre.com
Is the process different for a different stack?

Hey There,

Thanks for updating this thread. The solution that was recommended in this thread will work in all 4 stacks (integrity, renew, icon and ethos). I have check your site and it is no longer displaying.

Hope this helps.