Site really slow - theme issue?

Hi there,

I am wondering if you can help me figure this out. I have purchased numerous licenses for X and Pro to use on client sites and never had a problem with slow site loading times. Probably almost 20 sites at this point (not all under this account). But this one site, it’s very slow, and the clients hosting service - Inmotion - which I believe he pays for premium hosting, keeps pointing to the website and theme as the problem. I don’t know why this would be, there aren’t many plugins installed and it’s mainly a brochureware site and not very large.

If I sent you credentials, could you log in and see if you see any obvious reasons why this is happening? Two of the plugins he uses that I do not normally use are Jetpack and Wordfence, and I am wondering if there are known conflicts with those plugins? I didnt see much of a difference in speed, when i deactivated them.

appreciate any help you can give, id like to advise him to change hosting but I want to be sure that is the issue.

thanks! https://actuationconsulting.com/

Hello @katriley,

Thanks for writing in!

I have check your site in Pingdom: https://tools.pingdom.com/#5afcddb1fdc00000
The site loads 4.6s with 1.6MB file size. Having 72 server requests seems a lot. Please check out this knowledge base article to know how you can improve the site’s performance:

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I actually did enable total cache and everything has improved, except the dropdown menus are still VERY SLOW TO LOAD. I am not using anything different, just the standard menu. Do you know why this might be occurring?

Hello @katriley,

There is a JS error on the page.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
analytics.seogears.com/piwik.js:1 

This may be preventing or delaying the submenus to appear. Please fix this as this might be coming from one of the plugins. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

To re-install the theme, please see the “Manual Updates” section on this knowledge base article:

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.