Site problems

Hi There.
I hope you can assist with a problem on my site.

I seem to be having a problem updating anything on my site. When i try update a plugin it often takes me to a page that ‘no longer exists’ or I get a very long error but the plugin will then show it has updated when i return to the dashboard.

I cannot upgrade to the latest version of Wordpress, it just gets frozen on the install.

And, I also can’t seem to make any changes to my page url or anything like that. It just doesn’t save, or gets stuck while saying saving.

I tried to update all plugins and my page was stuck in maintenance and i managed to delete the .maintenance in my cpanel which sorted it out.

I understand this may not be a xtheme issue, please would you kindly advise how i may sort this out as i would love to use the theme to it’s full potential.

I have disabled all plugins and this didn’t seem to help me.

Thanks very much

Hi @NickGuide,

As you mentioned in your question, this is not related to our theme, and it is outside of our support scope. The best people can help you on this matter is your hosting service provider. They will have a better understanding of the problem.

Meanwhile, from the hints that you share with us I have two guesses that you can add to your question from the hosting service provider:

• PHP Execution Time Limit: That is a setting in the hosting which limits the time that the PHP script can take to execute. The plugin update process follows that, so it might be a factor and increasing the time limit might help.
  • PHP Memory Limit: That is a memory allocated to PHP for operation. If it is limited and low such problems that you describe might happen. Here is our recommendation when it comes to PHP Memory Limit:
    https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935

Please kindly contact your hosting service provider to follow up.

Thank you. I will follow up with them

You’re welcome and thank you for your cooperation.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.