Site not keeping styles set with cornerstone

I designed my site originally on a development machine fine, moved it over to production, and it appeared fine to start. Now when I edit a page, all the styles no longer match what was done on conerstone. See the 2 screenshots. This top one is from Cornerstone, and below that is what is rendered on the page.

As you can see, the headline ignored all settings that were made in Cornerstone, and just rendered the headline as H1

I have updated the theme, increased the memory limits in the wp-config, updated cornerstone. it is a new site, I have no cache plugins installed, so I don’t have anything to clear. I am at a complete loss here.

EDIT: almost everything with the exception of text gets ignored (color, margins, font size, padding, etc).

Any assistance in pointing me wo any possible solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Hey Ken,

Please try clearing the Style Cache. You can do that in X > Settings > System.

The issue could also be caused by syntax errors in custom CSS. Do you have CSS in X > Theme Options > CSS, Element CSS and/or Content CSS? If so, please check if you have syntax errors. You can use a service like http://csslint.net/ for that.

If that does not help, please give us WP admin and FTP access in a secure note.

Thanks.

I have already tried clearing the Style cache with no success. None of the current elements have custom CSS and no Custom CSS anywhere (it is a basic site to start).

I will provide creds and FTP access in a few min. The site currently does not have FTP, I have my team setting up FTP now.

Thank you

Hi There @kbeaudry

Upon testing, I have experienced builder loading issues as well. Could you please try increasing your PHP max script execution time to 120 by following this guide (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

Then with regard to the original issue, did you follow our migration guide here? (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126). This will ensure a smooth migration process.

Let us know, so that we can investigate your issue further.
Thanks!

Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it.

I am having my tech modify the max_execution_time, but I cannot do the migration steps in that thread as the original device the site was built on died. Is there a step by step somewhere (queries that are needed to run) that I can follow to do this manually?

Also, there is another site on that server as well that has the same issue, and that one wasn’t migrated. It was installed directly on that box, so it can’t be an issue with the migration or the other site (http://cantalkcannect.com) wouldn’t have this issue as well, and it does (the cornerstone issue)

Any addition assistance would be appreciated

Hi,

I have checked our issue tracker but I can’t find a similar issue.

Can you provide us your wordpress admin login for (http://cantalkcannect.com) in Secure Note , so we can compare and see what is causing the issue.

For the mean time please also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

The credential are the same as the first site. The cantalkcannect.com site has no other plugins installed other than hat is included with X

Hi @kbeaudry,

I checked and compared the front pages versus the builder previews and the font stylings are the same. Both use Oxygen fonts, font sizes and weights are the same too.

While on the last site that you provided, both front page and preview uses Lato font and displayed the same too.

Could you try and test it with another browser? Or what browser this issue appears? I tried chrome, firefox, opera and Safari.

Thanks!

I have the ran the site in Edge, Chrome, Safari and it is the same on all browsers.

if you check the Services->Phone interpretation page on cantalk.com, and scroll to the bottom, you can see the letters sw33tp12. Visiting the site, it is showing as H1 and black. But when you edit that page in Cornerstone, fantasize is 1.5em, and the color is RED. if I were to play with any of the setting in cornerstone, none of the take effect (padding, margin, color,font size, letter height . . . . .)

Same for the Onsite, Global Services, and contact center pages, all of a sudden it ignored the styling set in Cornerstone, and just set everything to H1 Black

Hello There,

I have investigated the issue and I found out that Cornerstone is working perfectly. It is just that you have invalid html codes which have caused this issue.

Please always be very careful when inserting a custom html code. All the tags must be properly closed so that it will not create an issue. One single unclosed tag could lead messed up the color or page layout which would take some time to figure out what is going on.

Please edit your page and make sure that you close the tag into:

<font color="#09415a">EASY TO USE</font>

and

<font color="#09415a">INTERPRETATION OVER THE PHONE</font>

If you need anything else, please let us know.

I have corredted that font tags. But that is not the problem. I started adding the tags because even though I had set the color and sizes in cornerstone, it was not being reflected on the page, so I had to add the color tags.

it still isn’t working. if you check the phone interpretation page again, i deleted the bottom headline, added a new one, set size to 1.8em, changed the color to red and saved the page. the headline is black, centered, and H1. it DOES NOT reflect what is in cornerstone.

I have created a simple test page. it is completely empty except for a single headline element. please go to this page: http://cantalk.com/testpage and you can see for your self. it should be 1.8em, and purple in color.(you can see this in cornerstone), but the page doesn’t render that way/ The ONLY thing this page has on it is a headline element.

This is really messing with the format of the site especially the padding and margins)

Well, this is something with IIS or PHP config.

As a test, I moved a copy of this site over to a linux server, and everything works as it should. I think I may have no alternative but to move this site. I was hoping not to do this as both sites have some applications that were written in .NET that also go through those domains.

Hello There,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know! If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.