Site Moved from local to webhost - X validation issues

HI All,
we have developed our site on an in house staging server - now we have moved to our hosting platform and i have revoked / re-input the validation codes yet the hosted site still says not validated ?

i have changed all associated URLs as required

as we are having issues with plugins - i wanted to make sure that everything was up to date - but i cannot update the X theme (errors straight away when i press update) - so im guessing validation is the cause of this issue ?

The Grid version = v2.6.20
X = v6.0.4

have added secure note with admin details

Please assist

Thanks

Hi @yawuru,

Thanks for writing in!

I can see you are using an updated version of the cornerstone and the theme is still the older version.

Which is causing the incompatible issue.
Please update the theme and plugin both to fix the issue. Follow the below steps.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    Hope this helps!

i cannot update the theme automatically as it fails due to not being validated - hence my question originally.
i had already read your post and attempted the update - so thank you but i feel like you didn’t understand the problem.

i am surprised that i need to update a theme version to validate my purchased product - please confirm that your customers have to manually update a product to get it validated ? i would have expected the other way round.

when i setup the original test website the validation was straight forward.

it is somewhat frustrating to scour the forums, try some of the readily viewable solutions, encounter issues and then ask a specific question - to then get a regurgitated answer i had already read :pensive:

being an australian customer i now have to wait another 24hrs for a reply :rage:

Hey @yawuru,

Sorry for the confusion. To your question:

No. You don’t have to manually update to get validated. The problem could have been with your host’s connection to our server.

When you validated the live site, did you assign the live site in your license page only? That works in most cases but in some hosts, you might need to input the license code in your site’s X > Validation page also.

If you could detail the exact steps you took, maybe would could provide another probable cause.

By the way, our support staff works round the clock. The only delay in response you might experience is if there are a lot of open threads or the question complex. Taken from the sidebar of this page:

We are proud to provide support to our customers 24/7/365 in the Support Forum. For peer questions, please post in the Peer To Peer Forum.

Support questions are answered in the order received and responses may take up to 24 hours (typically sooner). Complex questions or busy times may take longer.

Thanks.

In the end i had to manually update Cornerstone - then it would validate then i could upgrade the theme
at no point did X or wordpress tell me cornerstone was requiring an update.

Hi Nyamba,

Glad you sorted things out, like Christian said above the problem could have been with your in-house server connection to our server, it could be why X nor WordPress does not notify an update…

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.