Site looks different in editor and preview

I have been making sure to hit “save” any time I make a change in the editor. All of a sudden, when I went to the Customize area to add some html, I got an error message. I X’d out, and now my page looks completely different in the editor than from the preview. In the editor, it looks how I want it to look except now the background is back to white instead of gray. In the website preview, everything is off to the left without any stylization. I will try to attach photos of the issue. Any idea what could have caused this?? I did check the website from my cellphone to see how things were “lining up” but I can’t imagine that making any difference! Thanks in advance. PS - I am brand new to this stuff so I have a very limited grasp of coding/html/css

This is the error message I received. Only thing that changed was I had my SSL certificate activated.

FYI - It looks like Really Simple SSL plugin was activated - which I believe my hosting site did when I asked for help. Could it have been from that? I deactivated it but it didn’t revert back.

Hello Amy,

Thanks for writing in!

You have enabled Endurance Page Cache in your site. Please go to Settings > General > Endurance Page Cache and temporarily disable the option. If nothing is helping, would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Thank you - the Endurace Page Cache was set at none/zero. I sent a secure note.

Hey Amy,

Regretfully the password does not work for us.
Please double-check it.

Thanks.

Please check now - sorry about that.

Hello Amy,

It turns out that the issue is caused by Really Simply SSL plugin. I have activated it and set it up properly. You can now save your Theme Options setting changes.

Best Regards.

thank you - but the problem is that my entire website looks completely different.
What it looks like in a preview:
What it’s supposed to look like and DOES look like when using the editor (except the background color isn’t showing anymore):

Hello Amy,

I have logged in and investigated the issue. It seems that your homepage is corrupted. You may have inserted a code or invalid values in one of the element settings that cause the issue. I would recommend that you create another page and start from scratch.

By the way, I have created a a test page and it is displaying well. Please see the secure note below.

1 Like

That’s terrible! I wonder what could have happened. Well, thank you for your help.

No Problem.
If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to create a separate thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.