Site Down With Convertplug Error

HI there,

A site that has been working fine has just gone down with an error…

I was able to get it back online, but I have spent a long time setting up the pop-ups, so I’d love to know how to fix them.

The error is:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MaxMind\Db\Reader in /home/freedov3/public_html/leondear.co.nz/wp-content/plugins/convertplug/framework/lib/geolite2/Reader.php on line 14

I’ve turned off the plugin (disabled through cPanel and cleared cache there to get the site online)

Can you please help me troubleshoot and get this working again?

Thanks in advance!!

Hello @freedomdesign,

Thanks for asking.

Sorry to hear the problem you are facing with ConvertPlug. I would like to test the problem you are facing but it seems that the error message is showing up when ConvertPlus is active. Though you have shared the admin login details, I am not allowed to perform deep troubleshooting without taking due permission from customer.

In that regards, please try out following:

1. As plugin is deactivated, please try and delete plugin from Plugins > Installed Plugins and then reinstall Plugin from Pro > Validation > Extension. After that activate the plugin from Plugins > Installed Plugins. Upon activating see if the error message is showing up.

In case error message is showing then please deactivate ConvertPlus and share FTP login detail in secure note for us to take a closer and please give us the permission to test the website. Reason why I am requesting for FTP detail is that if in case error message shows up upon activating ConvertPlug, we can do the needful using FTP to first get the website online and then do the troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I have taken the action requested - deleting and reinstalling the plugin. There was a new version - 3.3.3 - and with this activated the site is now loading fine, however the Modal button is broken - click on “Sign Up For My Newsletter” and nothing happens…?

Can you please take another look, and if FTP is needed I’m happy to provide!

Thanks in advance!

Hi @freedomdesign,

I clicked it and it works okay, perhaps it’s a browser cache?

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Great, thanks, that seems to be it!

I just noticed that when the page first loads I can see the Pop-up over the page…it disappears once everything is loaded. Are you seeing this, and could it be part of the Plugin update?

Thanks!

Hello There,

What you have experienced could be just the cache of the older theme/plugin JS and CSS files. Since you are using SiteGround, clear your site caches in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

That’s what I thought, but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

It shows up for a few seconds when the site first loads when the cache is clear.

Can you please try loading the site and see if you experience the same thing?

It definitely wasn’t doing this before the plugin updates.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @freedomdesign,

Looks like it’s part of the update and it’s happening on popup added as shortcode, like

[cp_modal id="cp_id_9bdfa"]Sign Up To My Newsletter[/cp_modal]

The popup became inline, and since CSS is still loading, it’s visible for a moment until the CSS and JS are loaded. You could try a Class selector instead https://www.convertplug.com/plus/docs/use-custom-selector-id-or-class-to-trigger-popup/

Thanks!

Thanks for taking a look!

While that sounds good, I have no idea how to do it after reading the document.

The buttons are coded to be responsive etc, so there is a lot of CSS. I have no idea how to update it to the Custom Selector, so I’m going to have to pay someone.

I don’t want to do this unless I’m sure that changing it will fix the problem.

I’ve tried reaching out to their support to see if the update is just no good (the first one broke this plugin and then a new update soon after it was fine) but as I don’t have an independent licence they don’t support me.

Can you please look into this a little more?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @freedomdesign,

I’ve done some testing and can confirm this, looks like it’s due to the current update (3.3.4). I tried it without the builder and Pro on my installation and the same, the pop-appear appears in initial load. I’ll add this too to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

Thanks @Rad! What’s the best step for me, just put up with it? Is there somewhere I can follow it up?

Hi @freedomdesign,

The workaround, for now, is using a class selector instead of the shortcode. Let’s try this, please add your shortcode with this

<span class="convert_plus_shortcode">[cp_modal id="cp_id_9bdfa"]Sign Up To My Newsletter[/cp_modal]</span>

Then add this CSS to your global custom CSS.

.convert_plus_shortcode *:not(.cp-trigger-shortcode) {
display: none;
}

I went ahead and applied that as I’m testing that as well.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot @Rad - you’re the best :slight_smile:

Just a note, but I also have the same code further down the page, in a section which is on every page, that doesn’t seem to be causing any issues, not sure why??

Hi,

I check and it is doing the same issue.

Please add the same class to your convertplus shortcode.

<span class="convert_plus_shortcode">[cp_modal id="cp_id_9bdfa"]Sign Up Today[/cp_modal]</span>
```

Thanks

OK, I have been through the site and updated the code on other pages from

[cp_modal id="cp_id_9bdfa"]Sign Up Today[/cp_modal]

to the code @Rad prepared:

<span class="convert_plus_shortcode">[cp_modal id="cp_id_9bdfa"]Sign Up Today[/cp_modal]</span>

Then purged the SG Cache.

Would you be able to take a look through the Pages Home, About, Buying & Selling to confirm this is no longer happening?

Hello There,

Yes I can confirm this. It is no longer displaying while the page is loading.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.