Site doesn't work anymore on my connection

Hello, so since I tried to change something in Cornerstone (that didn’t loaded by the way, the ‘green bar loading’ froze) , my site http://tobiasdray.com/ doesn’t work on my connection. When I tried another connection, it worked, but again i tried to changed something to my site via Cornerstone and froze again, and stoped to work with that new connection too.

Thanks.

(PS: I was tried to edit things under http://tobiasdray.com/portfolio)

Hi @samueldray,

Thanks of writing in.

First, disable any caching plugin before doing any updates.
Next, I could see that you are using the latest cornerstone version however your X theme is not updated. Please update to the latest version.

Updating guide:

Latest version guide:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hello, so I did what you told me to (I used again another connection to access to my site as others didn’t worked as I said) but it hasn’t changed anything. The green loading bar still doesn’t complete and freeze

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Since you do not use CloudFlare or any caching plugins, this sounds like a 3rd party plugin conflict. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello, I can’t try it since i used all the connections I had, i can’t access to my site or even the wp-admin as it doesn’t work on my connection anymore

‘ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT’ as a message error

Hi There,

This is an isolated issue which appears only in your computer. To resolve this, please check this out:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hey,
I’m on my mac not on PC, moreover i tried everything on mac, trying every browser but still don’t work. Anyway I managed to go again in another connection and access to my site. I realized that the ‘green bar at the top freeze’ problem happened when I tried to put an embed video to my site (/portfolio). Weirdly enough it works only when I put the embed video to right, and it doesn’t work and freeze when I put it to the left or center.
Thank you.

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Hey, here are the informations

Thanks!

Hi there @samueldray,

Thanks for providing the additional information.

It’s certainly interesting. If I add a raw content element to the page and then add the embedded video everything works correctly, however if I add a embedded video element, there’s a 403 forbidden error on the Cornerstone endpoint.

Because it generates a 403, there should be further information available in your server error log, if you could check that and let us know.

Thanks!

Hey,
Ok thanks. Do you know how to copy that server error log? Because I don’t see anywhere to catch anything, i just see the top green bar freezing

Hi There,

You should able to see the error log on the root directory of your WP installation. Better if you contact your hosting provider, explain to them what you’re trying to do and and what is the issue, as more likely this is a permission related issue.

Thanks,

Thanks, resolved it. It was a modsecurity rule triggered by the host server

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile: