Site Broken! Unable to Edit Site Using Cornerstone

Here are login instructions and a screenshot of what I see that’s not normal.

Update: Looking at the Developer Console for errors got me to checking out an old script that was in the footer. We got rid of a support app that was using this script. I have removed the script and cleared all caches, but still having the issue. At this point, I don’t know what else to do. We are willing to pay for support. We need to get this fixed ASAP.

Thanks.

Hello @Jeff-Net,

I have logged in and I was able to figure out the issue. I edited the mentioned page in question and it is now displaying in Cornerstone.

Please check the page in Cornerstone now.

That page is technically fixed, although sections were moved around incorrectly. I can fix now that it’s editable again.

[edit] This page you fixed has a lot of changed formatting.

That said, I have MULTIPLE PAGES with the same issue. All of the pages below the one you edited are messed up. What specifically did you do to fix the issue?

And the Developer Console is still showing errors.

I’m not sure you understand this is a production site, and I need emergency help. I will pay for someone to work on this with me. I can’t wait multiple hours for a reply. Let me pay for immediate help.

Hey Jeff,

This is a currently known issue. I could not replicate this in my test site but there has been several reports. Regretfully, for now, you will need to manually fix the added columns.

I’ve recorded how to manually fix during my encounter with this issue in another thread. Please see the secure note.

Right now, I am afraid to implement the manual fix in your live site because I do not know the original layout.

I’ll add your case to our issue tracker so our development team would be alerted of the reports.

We also currently do not have paid support.

Please stay tuned and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.

That is not a solution.

I hope you have escalated this issue. Your entire company should be at work 24x7 trying to figure this problem out. Furthermore, you should pull this release to prevent others from breaking their site. And lastly, you haven’t sent out a newsletter notice about this yet either. That is not acceptable after knowing how bad a problem this is. You should not be allowing other users to download this update.

Is there a way to go back to a previous stable version after I restore site?

Yes, we understand that manual fixing is not really a good solution. This is why I have posted this in our issue tracker so our development team would be made aware once they go through the list of reports.,

I’m sorry if you were confused by my statement: “This is a currently known issue”. This doesn’t mean that this issue is global as I’ve said I could not replicate this in my test sites. This issue is happening only to a few and we sincerely do apologize that this is happening to you.

The only way to go back to a previous state of your site is if you have a backup stored by your web host. If they have a back up feature, you can contact them to restore your site to when it was working.

We also do have an article about updating your theme and plugins at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62. In that article, it was recommended that you test updates in a staging site. That applies to the WordPress industry in general. This prevents damaging your live site with breaking changes by giving you time to investigate issues in a test site.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Hi Jeff,

I wanted to let you know that we’ve added some code that will automatically fix the malformed column layouts. This will be in the next version.