Site and cornerstone issues

I’m having two issues and not sure if one is connected to the other.

1. In cornerstone, under Header options, there is nothing. I’ve reloaded the page etc and it doesn’t show any settings options.

2. In trying to reload cornerstone etc, I suddenly got an error that said "The preview HTML did not include a closing ; tag. It may fail to work properly. Any now the page will not load in cornerstone or normally either.

Some notes:

• I noticed as well when i realized the header settings were missing that it seamed the Rev-slider area above the nav (i’m using the predefined “APP” content) is not rendering out correct. I could see it when I loaded the site URL, but in cornerstone, it didn’t show any image, just what looked like a shortcode for rev slider above the nav
  • It also seamed that maybe cornerstone wasn’t loading to well overall. I had pro installed first and it seamed quite slow and changes wern’t taking effect immediately.

So not sure the issue, but this is a fresh install and the only real content I have loaded is the demo content. Thank you and I will post my site info separately for you.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) I can confirmed the issue. No options are displaying in the Header options. Please make sure that you meet the requirements in running WordPress in your server. WordPress 4.8 requires at least 7.0 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:

Dear host,

I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and 
I was wondering if my account supported the following:

- PHP 7 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or greater
- The mod_rewrite Apache module
- HTTPS support

Looking forward to your reply.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

2.) I was able to checked and I found out that you have assign a slider on the homepage. This slider no longer exists and it created an issue. I have deactivated the assigned slider and the issue is now gone.

Please let us know how it goes.

I have many other wordpress sites running on my re-seller hosting account, all with the same specifications so the requirements on the hosting end certainly are met. Every other xtheme or pro site on my host are working fine.

I just loaded the demo content, so the slider was included there. Perhaps if it’s not compatible, it could be replaced in the demo content so other don’t have the same issue?

I am still having the issue where under Theme options, the “Headers” tab isn’t showing anything in terms of settings. Any ideas there? https://imgur.com/a/AzSTw

Thank you so much for your help

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) I found out that you are using PHP 5.6. You can check it in WooCommerce > System Status.

2.) The Rev Slider error usually occurred when you imported the demo content while RevSlider plugin is inactive.

3.) For your header options, would you mind re installing the theme? Maybe there are corrupted files which is why it is empty. If you can give us ftp details so that we can investigate further would be very helpful in resolving this issue.

Best Regards.

1. I checked and I am using PHP 5.6. I also set my resource values higher where I could.

2. That makes sense and yes that was what happened.

3. I deleted the theme and re-installed with the same issue still happening with the header settings. My feeling is that perhaps there was an issue created somehow as I was first using Pro and then decided instead to use Xtheme. Again this is a new site so not much content in it, but in pro I did start creating a header when I then decided to use xtheme instead. Could that be perhaps a cause to this issue? I’m also only using the plugins that came with xtheme.

Thank you for your help

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Is your content already ready? Maybe we can do a WP reset and re install a fresh copy of WP and X theme. Certain header data from Pro may have been in conflict here.

• Please install WP Reset.
  • Reset your WP.
  • Install X theme.
  • And import again the demo content.

Please let us know how it goes.

I’m not sure what you mean by “Is your content already ready?”

Will this reset cause me to loose any customizations I’ve already made? I’d preferably like to avoid that

I ran a databse repair through my wp-config file with the following result being shown:

WordPress
Database repair results

The wp_users table is not okay. It is reporting the following error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly. WordPress will attempt to repair this table…
Failed to repair the wp_users table. Error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly

The wp_usermeta table is not okay. It is reporting the following error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly. WordPress will attempt to repair this table…
Failed to repair the wp_usermeta table. Error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly

The wp_posts table is not okay. It is reporting the following error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly. WordPress will attempt to repair this table…
Failed to repair the wp_posts table. Error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly

The wp_comments table is okay.

The wp_links table is okay.

The wp_options table is not okay. It is reporting the following error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly. WordPress will attempt to repair this table…
Failed to repair the wp_options table. Error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly

The wp_postmeta table is not okay. It is reporting the following error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly. WordPress will attempt to repair this table…
Failed to repair the wp_postmeta table. Error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly

The wp_terms table is not okay. It is reporting the following error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly. WordPress will attempt to repair this table…
Failed to repair the wp_terms table. Error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly

The wp_term_taxonomy table is not okay. It is reporting the following error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly. WordPress will attempt to repair this table…
Failed to repair the wp_term_taxonomy table. Error: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly

The wp_term_relationships table is not okay. It is reporting the following error: 1 client is using or hasn’t closed the table properly. WordPress will attempt to repair this table…
Failed to repair the wp_term_relationships table. Error: 1 client is using or hasn’t closed the table properly

The wp_termmeta table is okay.

The wp_commentmeta table is okay.

Some database problems could not be repaired. Please copy-and-paste the following list of errors to the WordPress support forums to get additional assistance.

wp_users: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly
wp_usermeta: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly
wp_posts: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly
wp_options: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly
wp_postmeta: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly
wp_terms: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly
wp_term_taxonomy: 2 clients are using or haven’t closed the table properly
wp_term_relationships: 1 client is using or hasn’t closed the table properly

So I ran the repair a few times and now I get the all good but the header issue remains:

The wp_users table is okay.

The wp_usermeta table is okay.

The wp_posts table is okay.

The wp_comments table is okay.

The wp_links table is okay.

The wp_options table is okay.

The wp_postmeta table is okay.

The wp_terms table is okay.

The wp_term_taxonomy table is okay.

The wp_term_relationships table is okay.

The wp_termmeta table is okay.

The wp_commentmeta table is okay.

Repairs complete. Please remove the following line from wp-config.php to prevent this page from being used by unauthorized users.

define(‘WP_ALLOW_REPAIR’, true);

Hi there,

I checked the network logs too (ajax requests) and I don’t see any issue. Perhaps we can check the internal debug logs. Please provide your FTP login credentials as well and I’ll check the debug.log

Thanks!

Ok sounds good and thank you in advance. I will the FTP in a private note

Hi There,

I changed the PHP version to 7.0 and the cornerstone is working fine now.

I also updated this code in your wp-config.php file:

define('AUTH_KEY',         'ba}hkcTf#ttR&|0wOt#XPKH+@%_FDvX}UIRgv]+ElXPX)?2?tP@Fl6qh%J5}p!mK');
define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY',  ',}e<P]~6jl~rItqL@a{T8c/$9%~Q|)qa57JSy9E=h|fGP%u);P7,TnS+I+gD$QWt');
define('LOGGED_IN_KEY',    'lJ6V5IQr_z436:l]!Esab-3,WV<]y|rde]R=-E+|gii)cZawVy69M|kQ~,WX5>>D');
define('NONCE_KEY',        'E6r CY+ {hCvpKXbA<+kF^JCYw$xdZ{j6-w_XERObWJ~zH_+@E8qsh2~?aar^BvV');
define('AUTH_SALT',        'drlcM> WVFoG%*E^T^+!620a$m6)]uuG5uxg>;$k-;gRTj(nDuUS/+*p%oOK|+ 3');
define('SECURE_AUTH_SALT', 'N909cm`xE(fCrr}/~kR+Yipmrqt6KgN!}7`{ei Es{5Cb|SQYPxMBE7*Q$W1/Vmy');
define('LOGGED_IN_SALT',   'E|*C}CgK3{2H,T,4ct{Nj4T&VnJI1/N]}L9E2alWD|*Y%e++j|YYX-Zezo?zoC-r');
define('NONCE_SALT',       '&#%!W3O9!Ce%RN&Sk0g&[_$9+*1RnJKnuI8QU4~h&AaQ>w`VPz=k&7~H0+2lt-c%');

Regards!

Hi and thank you for that but I am still not seeing anything under the Header settings area in cornerstone.
I tried as well in different browsers and i’m still not seeig any options there: https://imgur.com/a/4hxmF

Hi there,

I can confirm that and there is no error at all. Could you try cloning your site in staging (in a subfolder maybe). I’d like to try a complete re-install without that table fixing/repair issue (leave the tables as is).

Thanks!

i’m not entirely sure how to do that but I can give you cpanel access if that helps?
If you reeeeaallly have to, you can re-instal fresh. I’m not too far in and would prefer not to loose what I did, but I also am loosing time so just do what you must… More important I can continue working in the end.

Hello There,

I was able to create a staging site just to compare your settings.
You can check it in the secure note:

It seems that the Header options is working unlike what you have in the main site. Please advise if you would like to reset your main site to finally resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know.

Hi, yes please and thank you. If it must be done lets go ahead

Hello There,

I went ahead and reset your WP. Afterwards I have re installed the theme and the APP demo content. The header options is now working.

Please check your site now.

Hi I can’t get in though and the temp page is gone so the demo content is showing right now. I need to change that quickly. Can you give me the admin login details?

Oh phhheww I was able to change it and get access through PHPmyAdmin

Thank you for your help!