Single post page layout change Ethos

Hello support!

I’m here asking if there’s a way to change the layout for the single posts using the ethos stack.
What I’m trying to achieve is something like this:

I already selected the Fullwidht layout in the Theme Options. And I’m using a header built with the Pro header builder.

Is it doable?

Thank you for your time and patience :slight_smile:

Hello Fabio,

Thanks for writing in! Your ethos single post, with the absence of the sidebar, is almost the same as the what you have in your screenshot. If the post content area needs to be narrower, you can simply add this custom css code:

.single-post .x-main .entry-wrap,
.single-post #comments {
    max-width: 750px;
}

Hope this helps.

Yes I’m sorry I didn’t explain very well.
How can I make the image be 100% width leaving the title ecc in the center of the page?

Thanks

Hey Fabio,

Out of the box, it is not possible to make the featured image span the full width of the page because it is part of the content area which is contained by the Site Layout settings.

It’s not recommended to customize this if you’re not a web developer because custom coding has the potential of breaking your site or custom codes might not work in the future. But, if you wish to proceed, you can try adding this code in Theme Options > CSS to make the Ethos featured image span the full width of the page while retaining the width and max-width of the content. Please note that you will adjust those in the CSS and the Theme Options won’t apply in this case.

.single-post .x-container.max.width.main {
    width: 100% !important;
    max-width: 100% !important;
}
.single-post .entry-wrap,
.single-post .x-comments-area {
    width: 88%;
    max-width: 1240px;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

If you also want to literally center align the text of the headline, please add this code still in the CSS area.

.single-post .entry-title {
    text-align: center;
}

Hope that helps.

Hi @christian_y thanks for the fast reply! I had a strange idea in mind as I read your answer:
is it possible to modify the basic template of the single posts so that I can use Pro builder also for the cover image, the post title etc?

As it happens when I build a new Page.

To put it in a clear way: having the single post template as a blank slate
so i can build it up with Pro editor.

Is this a very wordpress-xpro-web-noob idea? :grin:

Thanks

Hey Fabio,

That regretfully is currently not possible. But, we are building a feature called the Layout Builder so you can build your own single and archive templates in the future. You can read more about our plans in our News Archive.

For now, you’d need to consult with a WordPress developer to achieve that.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.