Single Post Layout

Hi there,

is it possible to get a layout for a single post view like the attached image?

Thanks a lot.

Ulrich

1 Like

Hi there,

It is possible to do so with custom CSS code which is outside of our support scope, but we will try to give you hints to be able to have that view somehow if you get back to us with the exact URL of the page which you took the screenshot.

Thank you.

https://soroptimist-essen-sued.de/soroptimist/

I use the x-theme. With the help of the plugin “Post Custom Templates Lite” I get the two-column layout. However, without headers.

I need the two-column layout with header. What can I do there?

Thanks a lot

Hi there,

The question is what template does your plugin is pulling. The header and footer are not there because the template being called is incompatible with X theme. Have you tried contacting the plugin author?

Header and footer are added to X theme’s template parts and rendered together using WP hooks and maybe your plugin is doing it differently.

Thanks!

Hi there,

actually, I do not want to use the plugin at all. I would like to change the single.php, but I do not know what I have to enter there for the two-column layout, since I have no experience in it.

Thanks a lot

Hi there,

Instead of using the plugin that you mentioned, have you tried using the post page using Cornerstone?

That way, you will have the control of the page’s layout.

If you created a custom post type, you can enable Cornerstone by going to X > Cornerstone > Allowed Post Types then add the post type that you created.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

https://soroptimist-essen-sued.de/test/

I still have the problem that I have no fullwidth layout but the frame around the article around. I have a post summary on the start page. So I need the post picture. But it is shown in the single post view very huge. Can you hide it there?

Thanks a lot

Hi There,

To hide the big feature image please add the below CSS to your X->Options-> Custom CSS and let us know how it works.

.single-post .entry-featured {
display: none;
}

To remove the frame around the post please add below CSS.

.entry-wrap {
box-shadow: none;
}

Thanks

Hi there,

it works :slight_smile:

is it possible to put the headline in the right column over the text and use the fullwidth layout?

Many Thanks

Hi,

In that case, you need to make use of the featured image.

Kindly replace this code

display: none; 
}

to this

float: left;
    width: 30%;
    margin-top: 60px;
}
.single-post .entry-wrap {
    float: right;
    width: 70%;
}

.single-post  .entry-content .x-container.width {
    width:100%;
}

You also need to remove the image in your post content and make it just one column.

Hope that helps

Great, it works. Many thanks. You are real experts :slight_smile: I have two last questions. Is it possible in the single post to place a slider over the header like on all other pages? Is it possible to use no container for the layout?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Hi,

To add slider on your posts, you can add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file.

function add_myslider() {
    if(is_singular('post')) {
        layerslider(1);
    }
}
add_action( 'x_after_view_global__slider-above', 'add_myslider', 10 );

Change layerslider(1); with your own slider

You can get it from here.

For future reference, kindly refer to the link below

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208

Hope that helps

Great, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Hi, I have two different views of the post overview in Chrome and Firfox. Can you tell me why that is? Chrome is right, Firefox is wrong.

https://soroptimist-essen-sued.de/aktuell/

Many Thanks

Hi there,

Please add this code in the custom CSS:

.x-iso-container {
    width: 100% !important;
}

Hope this helps.

Top, it works. Thank you very much and have a nice Christmas.

You’re welcome and merry Christmas as well! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.