Single Blog Post Template Glitch - Single Post gets Duplicated Below Footer

Hi there, i’m wondering if you can help me troubleshoot an issue with my single blog post page templates?

All of my blog posts have the post content duplicated right after the footer.

Here’s an example: https://sitecompli2.wpengine.com/blog/local-law-152-update-new-gas-piping-inspection-requirement

The only changes i’ve done regarded the single post page template are the following:

1. Created a copy of single.php and put it in my X Child Theme folder. The copied single.php does not have any custom code, it’s the original that only includes this snippet: x_get_view( x_get_stack(), ‘wp’, ‘single’ );
  2. Added to my functions.php file located in my X Child Theme folder, 2 snippets of code that 1) add the sidebar to only blog posts and 2) which specific sidebar I want added. These snippets I got from another support article located here: https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/adding-a-sidebar-to-a-blog-post-only/.

Those are the only customizations i’ve done… is there something else that may be causing the duplicated blog post content from reappearing?

Thanks!

Hello Jon-Sun,

Thanks for writing in!

The single blog posts displays duplicated content added at the end of the page. You may have inserted invalid or incorrect code. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi there,

Absolutely thanks for helping out. I’m attaching my login credentials as a secure note to this reply.

Thank you

Hello Jon-Sun,

You have added this code:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// SINGLE.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Handles output of individual posts.
//
// Content is output based on which Stack has been selected in the Customizer.
// To view and/or edit the markup of your Stack's posts, first go to "views"
// inside the "framework" subdirectory. Once inside, find your Stack's folder
// and look for a file called "wp-single.php," where you'll be able to find the
// appropriate output.
// =============================================================================

x_get_view( x_get_stack(), 'wp', 'single' );

x_get_view( x_get_stack(), 'template', 'layout-content-sidebar' );

You can only have x_get_view( x_get_stack(), 'wp', 'single' ); or x_get_view( x_get_stack(), 'template', 'layout-content-sidebar' );. You cannot have them both because it will display duplicate contents and will broke the layout. At the moment, I commented out the first line.

Please check your site now.

Hi there,

AH I see gotcha, thank you so much for spotting that issue. Really appreciate the quick turnaround on this!

It looks great now, thanks!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.