Sidebar Widget not showing anymore

My sidebar widget disappeared from my website. It was there a few days ago and now it is not. I had neither updated nor added any new plugins. I cleared all caches, The sidebar I created is still present in the available widgets tab and I have added it again under the sidebar tab. No good. I built a new one in the Customizer, then it disappeared, too. Please help. www.bethanymacklin.com

Hi there,

Would you please be more specific and give us detailed information on how to check the case? I checked the homepage of your website and the sidebar is there:

Please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website Dashboard using a Secure Note and provide us a step by step guide to recreating the issue to be able to give you proper suggestions.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Get back to us with the information requested above and the result of the troubleshooting steps to follow up the case.

Thank you

Ok, working on it. It shows a sidebar at the moment because I manually added each element in Customizer instead of in the sidebar widget in the dashboard. That is the third attempt and a temporary fix.

Hi there,

Would you mind providing a video recording? I tried adding widgets on both places and works just fine. Does this happen occasionally? Or did you activate a child theme or different theme? Because Wordpress will remove the widgets once you do that.

Thanks!

Hmm. Let me try again. I have had a child theme installed for a while and have not changed anything recently.

Hi,

Sure, please let us know of how we can reproduce this issue. If we can confirm that this is theme related then we’ll add this to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.