Sidebar problem on Forum

Im using bbpress. I have pro and had to create a new page using the shortcode for the forum to work and now i have no need for the sidebar on the forum and would like it to be fullwidth or in a container and i tried adding all types of css to my child them from other posts and nothing seems to work.

any help is appreciated

you can check it out at requiemco.com under forum page. i made it public so it should be veiwable without registering.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please select the site layout as full width instead of the sidebar.
Go to Theme option -> Layout and Design and select full width as layout.

It will remove sidebar from all of the pages. If you need sidebar in any particular page then chose sidebar template by editing the page.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

i tried that and when i would edit the pages to show side bar it is still overwritten by the theme options of fullwidth.

Also my homepage is all my posts and i would like my sidebar there and theres no way to show it on my homepage as it is not a static page.

Hi there,

Would you mind providing the admin access to the site so that we can check it further?

Thank you.

sure!
let me double check my login info

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in and checked your settings. It turns out that you have selected to have a Fullwidth site layout in Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout. This setting will force all your pages to have a sidebar even if you use a page template with a sidebar. I would recommend the same suggestion of Basanta that you your global settings to “Content Left, Sidebar Right” or “Sidebar Left, Content Right” set up and use the Fullwidth page template for those pages that needs to be in Fullwidth layout. If you do this setting, the sidebar will show in the homepage as along as it is set as “Use Global Content Layout” in Theme Options > Blog > Layout. This might be confusing so I will re iterate:

• In Theme Options > Layout & Design > Content Layout set to have a sidebar
  • In Theme Options > Blog > Layout, you must select “Use Global Content Layout” so that the Blog index or your homepage will have a sidebar
  • Please edit your pages that needs to be fullwidth and change the page template. To know more about page templates, please check it here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/features-page-templates/50/1
  • Edit your Forum page and make sure that it is using “Layout - Content Left, Sidebar Right” or “Layout - Sidebar Left, Content Right” page template.

Hope this helps.

so that did work.

the only thing though is once a topic is clicked in the forum the sidebar appears again as the topics are not separate pages and i am unable to make them full width. is there any solution to this or just have to keep it as showing when people click through the topics

Hello there,

Yes there is. Since we don’t have any control to bbPress post template, you need to add the code to Pro > Theme Options > CSS:

.topic.single .x-main {
     width: 100% !important;
}
.topic.single .x-sidebar {
     display: none;
}

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.